Times Like These - Xander X Fem! Reader

Timeline: Birthrights

POV: Second Person

Requested by XxAnimonsterxX.

Mixture of fluff and angst. Xander might be a bit OOC. Hope you enjoy!

Screams of frustration could be heard echoing through Krakenburg Castle.

Several maids and butlers ran around, trying to avoid the rare wrath of the crown prince.

"Where's Xander?" You demanded harshly from one of the terrified maids.

She stared at you for a few moments, completely dumbfounded. "M-Ma'am, I'm not sure if you want to disturb him right now."

"I'm going to calm him down, don't worry." You explained to the shaking maid as she glanced at the nearest door.

"H-He's in his study!" She stuttered out before sprinting away, still trembling.

You sighed, shaking your head. Xander's fits were extremely rare, but a huge pain to deal with.

"Xander, are you alright love?" You cautiously opened the door to Xander's study.

"Please leave..." He muttered, hunched over his desk, his sword lying on the floor by a torn up wall.

"If there's something troubling you, you should tell me." You approached him, setting a gentle hand on his shoulder, "It's not good to keep secrets."

"I..." He put his hands over his face, "I had to face Corrin and Kamui again."

"Xander, they made their choice." You rubbed his back soothingly.

"I've known them ever since they were babies! I've taken care of them, trained them, loved them just like Elise and Leo! How could they just leave Camilla and I like that?!" He sobbed, his regal composure lost in his grief.

"Shh." You wrapped your arms around him from behind. "Please don't cry Xander. You tried as best as you could."

"Did I?" Xander's sobs subsided slightly, "(Your/Name), they betrayed father!"

"You did try Xander. You always have. At times like these, it's best to keep your spirits up." You soothed the prince.

An hour of comforting later, Xander's tears had finally stopped flowing.

"Thank you so much (Your/Name)." He whispered to you in the darkness, his head laying against your shoulder gently.

"I love you Xander."

"I love you too."

"What have you done?"

Corrin and Kamui turned to you, red eyes wide. Completely silent, they stood over the dead body of Elise... And... And your lover!

"What have you done?"

That ended up a little too short. Oh well. I tried to continue it a tad but it ended up dragging on to be a little too pointless.

Published February 19, 2017.