A Hero - Hinata X Shy! Fem! Reader

This was requested by FEGirl literally months ago... I am so sorry I didn't see your request until just now DX.

A Hero - Hinata x Shy! Fem! Reader

(Your/Name)'s POV:

I smiled, sharpening a fine blade to a nice point and curve. I worked with my father to learn the art of metal-working to create fine blades to be used by the Hoshidan army.

Because I was a commoner, I wasn't very good at being married off for money. So instead my father decided to have me work for the family business.

"Father! I think this one is good!" I called out in the loud forge, holding up the blade I had been working on for a few weeks.

A few moments later, my father walked into the room I was working in, and inspected the blade carefully.

"It's a beautiful sword, (Your/Name)." He smiled, putting a hand on my shoulder, "You're a natural born sword-smith."

I smiled to myself as he left the room, looking at the sword he had praised.

It was a fine sword, forged from steel in the flames of my family's forge. It was a long katana, perfectly curved and sharpened.

"(Your/Name)! We have customers! Please come into the main room!" I heard my father call, and I sucked in a breath.

I wasn't the most sociable person on the planet. Just a slightly rude sentence could send me to uncontrollable tears. I could usually hold a steady conversation, even with a rude person, if I was near my father, though.

"Coming!" I called back, starting to walk to the main shop room. I brought the sword I had just completed, just in case we needed to sell it.

"(Your/Name), this is Prince Takumi and his retainers. They are here to purchase some of our weapons." My father smiled warmly at me, sensing my discomfort as I stiffened while gazing at the three strangers.

The first figure was obviously Prince Takumi, and it wasn't just his appearance that made it obvious. He carried an air of arrogance and pride with him, and I even I could sense it.

To his right was a brown haired man who I could assume was Hinata, the clever but naïve swordsman that served as one of Prince Takumi's retainers.

To Takumi's left was a dark haired woman who was most likely Oboro, a spear fighter who had an obvious crush on her liege.

"W-Welcome to the (Last/Name) Forge, Prince Takumi, Oboro, Hinata." I bowed politely, walking to hide behind my father.

"Yes, I'd like to purchase a steel yumi, please?" Takumi requested with a bored look on his face. He was probably going to use the steel yumi for practice, considering he had the holy weapon Fujin Yumi already.

While my father and I excelled at metal-working, my mother was very good with almost every craft that included string or fabric. My father usually produced yumis/bows that my mother completed with the string.

"Of course, my lord." My father bowed, walking out of the room. He shot me a glance, his eyes clearly telling me 'good luck'.

"I'd like a steel katana, please." Hinata asked politely, a small blush on his face.

"O-Of course, sir." I forced a smile onto my face, turning around to check if there were any other steel katanas besides the one I was holding in my hands. I almost sighed when I saw there wasn't another.

'Goodbye, my beautiful masterpiece...'

"Here you go, s-sir." I whispered, placing the fine blade onto the stone counter, "I-I don't have a sheathe for it, I-I'm sorry."

"That's alright. And you can just call me Hinata." He flashed me a goofy smile, and out of the corner of my eyes I could see Oboro roll her eyes, "What's your name?"

"I'm (Y-Your/Name), nice to meet you." A genuine smile appeared on my face, and I turned to Oboro, "Ma'am, do you n-need anything?"

"Yeah, I need a steel naginata." She said, an expression similar to Takumi's on her face.

"Y-Yes ma'am..." I muttered, turning around to grab a steel naginata from the racks behind me. Luckily there was actually several naginatas there, and I grabbed the one that looked the best.

I placed it on the counter carefully.

"D-Do you need anything else?" I asked, fiddling with my apron with my gloved hands.

"No. How long is it going to take for the steel yumi?" Takumi yawned slightly, his bored expression still in place.

"I'm finished." My father walked back into the room with the steel yumi in his hands. He placed it on the counter and calculated the amount of money they needed to pay.

Once they paid, Takumi, Oboro, and Hinata started to exit the shop.

"Come back soon!" My father called out to them as Hinata started to exit.

Suddenly, I felt a small spurt of courage, and I called out to Hinata, "Enjoy the s-sword! I-It's my first real masterpiece!"

The door to the forge shut, and my father put a hand on my shoulder.

"I'm proud of you, daughter." He smiled warmly at me.

"Thanks dad."

~~~

For the next few months, Takumi and his retainers came to our forge to buy weapons. I was beginning to suspect that they were buying weapons for other people as well since they bought plenty of weapons they couldn't use.

"H-Hey (Your/Name), do you want to come down to the lake with me once you've closed up shop?" Hinata suddenly asked as he was leaving the store, his new steel katana in his hands.

I turned to my dad, and he nodded in approval.

"I-I can go now, if you want." I muttered, and he smiled.

"Lets go, then!" I followed him out the forge, down to a large lake nearby the town.

~~~

"It-It's so peaceful here." I breathed, looking around.

"Yeah. I thought you might enjoy the peace and quiet." Hinata smiled, sitting down by the water. I soon joined him, a small blush blossoming on my face.

We spent a few moments in silence, watching as the sun started to descend, painting the sky orange and pink.

"Hey (Your/Name), why are you so shy?" Hinata suddenly asked, and I turned to him, startled.

"W-Well..." I thought to myself for a moment, "I think it's because to me, everyone else s-seems like a hero? Like you fight off the N-Nohrian troops, and a-aristocrats pay for you to do so... And I just make flimsy weapons..."

"Well, I think you're more of a hero than the aristocrats are." Hinata said, turning to look at me. He had a very serious expression.

"R-Really?" I gasped in surprise.

"Yeah. The aristocrats help keep the economy up, but they don't really do much, you know? Most of them are just tax collectors," He shrugged, "But you? You make weapons we can use! You help us fight off the Nohrians by giving us the tools we need to use. That's why you're a hero to me."

I smiled at the thought of my humble job as a blacksmith being considered a heroic task, "Th-Thank you Hinata."

We sat until the sun set, my head on his shoulder.

Yeah, I'm not very good at writing romantic scenes, sorry >.<.