The Love We Share - Xander X Male!Reader

The Love We Share - Xander X Male! Reader

Timeline: Modern AU

Requested by: Awesome_In_a_Can58

Brief warning and a disclaimer here. This is angst. This was requested to be angst. Please do not read if you don't like angst. Please. Please don't.

Also Xander might be OOC since I'm terrible at writing for Xander.

"Xander?"

Xander turned from his desk, dark bags under his eyes. A weary smile graced his face as he turned to the speaker, a cup of tea in his hand.

"Yes (Your/Name)?" He replied, slouching ever slightly in his chair.

"Are you busy?" (Your/Name) asked quietly.

"Love, I'm always busy." Xander smiled humorously as he motioned to the paperwork on the ornate desk behind him, "I can take a quick break though."

"I... I went to the doctors today." The male muttered.

"Are you alright? Do you need medicine?" Xander asked worriedly. 

"They said I might have a bad case of... cancer..."

The cup shattered.

"What?" Xander's eye twitched.

"It's nothing that should worry you too much. They said I'll be fine if I can get some immediate treatment, it's just that..." (Your/Name) clutched his arm, "The treatments are really expensive."

Xander sighed in relief. "We should start treatments as soon as possible then."

"But Xander, they're really expensive-" He protested, but Xander pat his head gently.

"(Your/Name), I am the heir to my father's company. If I am unable to care for the people closest to me, then I don't deserve to run this company." He said, "I love you a lot, okay? The love we share is stronger than anything, even a terminal illness."

"Thank you so much. I love you too Xander."

"You're so handsome in your wedding suit." Camilla leaned on a white wall in the wedding parlor.

"Thank you Camilla. Do... Do you think he'll like it?" (Your/Name) fret, trying to straighten the collar of his shirt.

"Big brother said he thinks you're always handsome!" Elise said, combing (Your/Name)'s (Hair/Color) locks.

"Thanks Elise." The male smiled softly. 

'I'm so glad we decided to keep this a small event.'

"It's time." Camilla said, a similar smile on her face, "Go!"

"And do you, Xander, take (Your/Name) to be your lawfully wedded husband?"

Xander looked to his lover's eyes, love shining in their orbs. "I do."

"And you, (Your/Name)?"

"I d-"

A gasp rang out in the small audience as (Your/Name) toppled over.

"Sir?"

Xander stood up, his shirt wet with tears. "Is he alright?!"

"I-I'm sorry sir. (Your/Name)'s cancer just took a sudden turn for the worse." The doctor looked down, "He's not going to make it sir."

Xander sprinted down the hall.

"Y-You're going to be alright."

"X-Xander... I... I do..."

And for the first time since his mother died, Xander cried.

Not exactly my finest writing, but I don't usually write stuff too angsty. I thought it was alright? I'm drafting one I hope is more angsty for a Corrin X Reader, but that might not happen.

Published February 19, 2017.