Another One - Leo X Sellsword! Reader (Prize)

Hello everyone! This is the first one shot prize for the contest winner The_First_Fandom! Hope you like it! There will be cussing, so I thought I would mention hat ^_^'. This one is gender neutral! Oh, and you, Reader-Chan, kinda defy the rules of weapon equipment. But you're special, so it's okay XD.

I don't specifically state who's POV it is in when it switches, but I'm assuming you can guess because of the context clues...

BY THE WAY! There is a sentence that suggests a certain fetish... Just don't perceive it that way, okay? I hate most fetishes. I actually probably shouldn't warn you because now you'll all notice, even if you wouldn't have before. Oops.

KINDA MADE YOU LIKE NILES SORRY

"Honestly, you're beginning to become a nuisance."

"Then why do you love chasing me so much?"

"What?!"

"Admit it, Leo, you love following me around like a lovesick puppy..."

"I-I would never love a cowardly assassin like you!"

"Sure, Leo, sure."

And with that, a familiar (Hair/Color) haired mercenary disappeared into the darkness with a swish of their cloak, leaving a stunned prince standing with his mouth agape.

~~~

I crouched behind a crate, breathing quietly while placing a hand on the handle of my dagger, which was concealed by my dark cloak. I peered at my target, who was currently yelling at some poor maid. I sucked in a breath, tempted to burst out and attack the man right now.

'Control yourself, (Your/Name). Get the job done right.'

A few moments later, the man climbed inside his carriage, the poor maid left crying on the stone pavement. I watched as she slowly stood up, walking to follow the carriage.

I jumped on top of the crate, barely making a sound, and leapt to the roof of the nearest building. I silently watched the maid as she followed along.

After about half an hour of following her, the maid was jumped. That was understandable, she was wearing a rather... skimpy maid outfit which was somewhat torn.

"Damnit..." I muttered under my breath as I lost sight of the carriage in the darkness. The target would have to wait until later.

I leapt down from the building, pressing my dagger to a random thug's throat.

"Leave the girl alone, or I slice his throat." I hissed, and the thug's backed away slowly. The man I had trapped with my dagger shook, and I shoved him to the ground, leaning down and lifting his head up by his hair.

"If I ever even see you again..." I whispered, "I won't hesitate to kill you."

With that, I dropped his head to the ground, standing up again. I brushed off a small amount of dust from my cloak, watching as the man got up and sprinted away, stumbling.

I turned to the maid, her eyes wide and her legs shaking. I put a hand on her shoulder.

"It's okay, I'm not going to hurt you." I murmured, and she looked up at me slowly.

"Th-Thank you for saving me..." She stuttered softly, "But I know who you a-are... So it's best to just k-kill me now... An assassin such as yourself w-would never save me out of the kindness of their heart..."

I flashed her one of my usual arrogant smirks, "You're right. I didn't save you out of the kindness of my heart."

"Wh-What?" She looked surprised, even though she had said she knew I didn't.