From Now On - Anthony X Fem! Reader

Timeline: Modern AU

POV: Second person

Requested by DWN024ShadowMan

Just some fluff. Mild spoilers for Chapter 18-24-ish of Revelaions. Anthony is a little OOC since he didn't really have much personality in game. Also includes mild to strong child abuse, so please do not read if you are sensitive to such material.

I hope you like it!

Sobs could be heard echoing through the streets of the city of (Name).

Rain poured relentless from the sky, the city drenched in rain. Barely anything was visible in the darkness of midnight.

And through the city streets, you ran. Clenching paperwork to your chest, you sprinted through the streets while trying your best to not slip.

"YOU WORTHLESS BRAT!"

You skidded to a stop, looking around wildly. Your eyes finally settled on a small child, sitting on the cement with tears in his eyes. Above him stood a tall man, shouting horrible things at the young boy.

"Excuse me! S-Sir!" You called out, running to the boy.

The man took one look at you before scowling. "Get lost girlie."

The boy looked up at you, a pathetic look on his face.

Your expression steeled. "No."

"I said get lost." The man growled, and you could smell the alcohol on his breath.

"And I said no." You stared back. "This child will be coming with me."

"Take the damn brat, I don't care." He snarled, slamming the door shut.

Your adrenaline wore off and you realized what you had just done.

"H-Hey." You stuttered, kneeling down to the boy. "M-My name is (Your/Name), what's your–"

He cut you off. "Thank you m-ma'am, but you should r-really just leave."

"Thank you f-for helping me though!" He added, voice cracking out of fear.

"I'm sorry, but I don't think you are safe with that man." You said gently, motioning to the bruises and cuts on his body. "I know it's not the best course of action to take you from your family, but please understand I'm trying to help you."

"M-My name is Anthony." He whispered, looking up at you with round green eyes filled with tears

"Well Anthony," You smiled softly at him, "Would you like to come with me?"

He nodded vigorously.

Pushing the door to your house open with your hip, you smiled at the sleepy boy gripping your hand. He yawned cutely, rubbing his eyes. His stomach growled loudly and he blushed in embarrassment.

"Anthony?" You called out quietly, and he looked up at you slowly. "Do you want something to eat?"

He nodded slowly, seeming pained. "Yes p-please."

"Alright, I'll make you something to eat and then you can take a bath." You nodded, pointing to a chair next to your kitchen table. "Can you sit over there?"

He nodded again and sat down, wincing at his injuries. "Th-Thank you ma'am."

"Anthony, you can just call me (First/Name)." You smiled gently, turning to open up a cupboard behind you. "Macaroni and cheese, or some soup?"

"H-Huh?" He looked at you, pathetic confusion on his face. Your heart sunk. What had that man been feeding the child? Or, more fitting, had the man been feeding the poor boy?!

"Mac and cheese it is then." You muttered, pulling a small box of instant macaroni and cheese from the cupboard. You quickly opened it up, adding water and standing by the microwave as it heat up.

After a few minutes you took it out, placing the plastic container and a spoon in front of a half asleep Anthony. "Eat up Anthony."

He looks up at you, eyes awake and sparkling. "Thank you!"

You watch with a smile as he scarfs the food down, after gently reminding him to eat slowly.

After a while, Anthony sets down the spoon, a content smile on his face.

You take the plastic container and spoon, quickly washing and throwing away the container and tossing the spoon in the dish washer.

"Hey Anthony, you're going to need to take a bath now, alright?"

About half an hour later, Anthony had finally gotten out of the bath. You had given him an old, baggy sweater and shorts. He looked absolutely adorable.

"Hey Anthony, you can sleep in the guest room tonight, okay?" You smile down at him, planting a quick kiss on his forehead and tucking his dripping hair behind his ears.

"O-Okay..." He smiles bashfully back at you, "Th-Thank you..."

You smile at him yet again, maternal instinct having kicked in. You gently push him in the direction of your guest room before walking to your own room, collapsing onto your bed and passing out immediately.

You were soon awoken by your door creaking open.

"I-I'm sorry, but I couldn't sleep." Anthony whispers nervously, "W-Would you mind if I slept in here?"

You sit up in bed, nodding. The boy walks over to you, awkwardly climbing into bed. He settles in, curling up while you place another gentle kiss to his forehead.

"You're safe with me from now on, alright?"

Sorry that this is so late. I started writing it while still on school trip but kind of forgot about it for a while. This is kind of based off of a Homestuck one shot series on DeviantArt.

Published May 5, 2017.