Growing Up - Kana X Mother! Reader Drabble

Growing Up - Adult! Male! Kana X Mother! Reader

Timeline: Modern AU

POV: Second person

Not enough fic love for Kana so here's something for the lil' cinnamon roll. It's pretty short though, but I have a plan for another fic.

When Kana was a little boy, he was the most adorable thing you had ever seen.

Huge sparkling eyes, messy but cute hair that could never seem to avoid bedhead, a sweet boyish voice.

He never even went through the terrible teenage phase! Right up into his late teens, he'd do anything to please you. He grew taller, though he always seemed to be shorter than the children of your friends. His voice grew deeper, though he passed through a phase of constant voice cracking. 

But now he's leaving.

Your little baby boy is leaving.

The little boy who used to crawl into your bed during storms.

The smiling child who would always run to you calling out for his mother.

Your baby that would giggle at all of your lame jokes.

Your baby boy is leaving.

"Mom?"

You shake your head, bringing yourself back to reality.

You smile up at your baby. He grew much taller than you.

'When did that happen...?'

"Mom, are you okay?"

'He used to call me mama...'

"Mom? You're scaring me!"

"Oh, I'm sorry Kana!" You apologize sheepishly, rubbing the back of your head as you stare into the concerned eyes of your son. "Just a little... Distracted."

Kana chuckles, and all you can think of is the little giggling boy in swaddling clothes.

After a few moments of silence, Kana wraps his arms around you, causing you to squeak in surprise.

"I'm going to miss you mama..." He sniffles. Just like how he would when he tripped and scraped his knee as a child.

"I'm going to miss you too Kana." You pull away just enough to look up into his teary eyes.

He wipes his away his tears, a small smile spreading on his face as he tightens his grip around you.

"I love you mama."

"I love you too, my baby."

After a few more moments of tender embrace, he pulls away, begrudgingly walking to his car, already packed up for his journey out to college.

"Call me when you get there!" You call out loudly, already waving.

"I will!"

"I miss you already!"

"I miss you more mama!"

I've been replaying Awakening and Fates and getting support conversations so I can be more accurate in future one shots and scenarios... But I got distracted by Kana and Morgan < 3

Anyways Kana and Morgan are super precious, and totally little mama's boys if you use a female MyUnit!

Working on a request from a few months back, and another from a few weeks ago, and I still haven't chosen what to do for the 50 K special.

Would you guys be interested in more fics about Morgan and Kana? I haven't seen too many fics for either of them, and I'd like to know if you guys would be interested in some.

Published July 5, 2017.