I smirked, "What are you doing at the shop so early? It's a Wednesday, you're cutting hair this damn early"? I asked, struggling to sit in one of the bar stools since they were a little high.

After seeing me struggle for a little bit, Clarence took it upon himself to help me into the chair by picking me up and placing me into the seat. I didn't expect it, so I didn't really make eye contact with him. It was one of those awkward moments when I just stared at the floor like a little kid, yeah one of those moments.

"You didn't have to do that". I said, finally looking up at him as I tried to adjust into the seat. He shrugged, "It's all good Ma, I'm not about to just let you struggle in front of me. I'm much more of a gentleman, it's good".

"So about you being here early, what's that about"? He shrugged, "I'm a morning person, I actually had a wedding party to cut at like 8 AM before you got here. The lil receptionist was the only one here, so she had let me in or whatever".

I nodded my head, "The little receptionist has a name and it's Brianna". He smirked, "Damn my bad, I haven't gotten around to meet everyone just yet. I honestly didn't know her name".

I laughed, "I'm just joking, don't think I'm being mean all the time".

"I'll remember that".

I nodded my head, "So you got anymore clients today"? He nodded his head, "Yeah. I have a few more, nothing major. I'll probably be heading out a little early tonight, might go catch a movie or something tonight".

"Ooooh, what you going to see? I don't really know anything good out this week". He shrugged, "I don't even know. I told my little sister I'd take her out since I wasn't able to make her graduation a few weeks ago, so she picked a movie date".

I smiled, "Aww, that's so cute. I thought you were going to say your girlfriend or something". He chuckled, "Damn, why I gotta have a girlfriend? A nice looking young man can't be single"? He said, joking.

I shrugged, "I'm just saying, a girlfriend was my first thought".

He nodded his head, "Nah, I just got out a real bad relationship a few months ago. That was another reason for the move, I'm out here tryna start over and shit".

I weakly smiled, "Trust me, I understand it all. Been there and done that".

He looked at me, "You know, I heard about some of it. A few people mentioned the little situation that happened before I got hired, the Grand Opening situation".

I tensed up a little bit and I guess he could tell. "My bad, I'm not trying to get into your business or anything like that".

I shook my head, "No, it's okay. I'm sure everyone knows about who I was dating and things that had happened, it's been on every media outlet since day one. You're probably the only person, besides close friends and family, that has even had the balls to mention it to me".

He lowly chuckled, shrugging. "I'm just a real open type of guy. I don't want to look at your situation any different, you know? At the end of the day, we're all human".

I nodded my head, agreeing. "Exactly".

He nodded his head, "You wanna join us at the movies tonight? I'm sure she wouldn't mind".