.61

"I'M NOT GETTING IN THAT."

"Izzy! Come on!!" Everyone cheers, already in the water trying to pressure her into joining.

"Isabella Patrice Eller!" I yell and she frowns.

"Not my government name!"

"Izzy, you're already wearing everything you need and already took the class! Just hop in!" Dick encourages and she stomps her foot and shakes her head.

"You can swim with the dolphins and snorkel, but you can't do this?" Jason yells up to her and she rolls her eyes and hand.

"Uh, duh! They were fucking dolphins!...No. I'm not doing it!" She shakes her head, "I don't even know how you guys got me this far—!"

She yells the last word because Roy pushes her in, forcing her to join me, Dick, Jay, and Kori. When she resurfaces, it seriously looks like she's about to have a heart attack. She looks up at Roy who's looking down at us from the boat, smiling brightly.

"Roy, I am going to MURDER you!" She screams, "GET ME OUT OF HERE!"

The professionals promise everything is handled and under control as Roy hops in, Izzy still yelling dramatically.

"Bella, relax. Have some fun." Roy smiles as he moves around her in a close circle. She only glares at him before swimming towards the steps up onto the boat. He grabs her hips and pulls her goggles down onto her face.

"We're good to go!" He yells up at the workers, putting his thumb up as Izzy screams through his hand.

"OW!" Roy yells when she bites his hand.

"Let me —"

"Masks on and don't take them off until we bring you back up. Remember to just breathe." The instructor demands, and we all do as told, Roy again having to do it for Izzy himself, trying to calm her down so she wouldn't hyperventilate.

Then the cage closes above us and we start descending into the water. I want to laugh at how big Izzy's eyes are, everyone's hair floating. The scenery is blue with waves of sunlight moving through it.

We're lowered until we're about ten feet above the sand, waiting patiently, quietly for something to happen. Then steady creeping from the blurred dark blue horizon, I see flat fins first, moving in a snake like way.

I point and kind of scream to show everyone the first shark to appear. Then another, and another, and one by one, there are plenty around us, small sharks and nothing to be too intimidated of.

I look at Jason in excitement then back at the action of the ocean. He takes my hand while Izzy tries her hardest to stay in the middle of the cage, never getting close to the cage bars.

I only roll my eyes at her reaction until I kind of start to feel her same fear when all the sharks suddenly start swimming away. Quickly.

And then all those small sharks are replaced by a big shark. Dick's taking pictures which should be Izzy's job if she wasn't so scared.

Kori puts her hand on Jason's shoulder and points, making us all look that way to a large sting ray floating low to the ground.

It's exciting, seeing how the two large fish don't mind each other and coexist. They're both huge and beautiful, and fascinating. The way they move is so smooth and calm, slow and steady, yet somehow carefree.

I move closer to the bars when the large shark, I'm sure not a Great White, swims slowly pass the cage, close enough to touch it.

So I do.