.60

"Jason..." I warn as he puts the blindfold over my eyes.

>>>

"Jason, where are we going!?" I'm sure I yelled when I know I'm sitting on a plane, still blindfolded with earplugs in my ears so I also couldn't hear right. Everything sounded like noises under water.

>>>

"JASON, WHERE ARE WE!?" I yell when I'm directed off the plane, then when I feel warmth and smell fresh air with the breeze, I know we're outside the airport. Then I question everything, "AM I EVEN STILL WITH JASON!?"

My earplugs are removed, and I hear Jason's amused voice, "Yes you are. Relax."

I let out a tight breath as he puts the earplugs back in and directs me forward after a moment.

>>>

"Jason, I'm gonna kick you in the balls if you don't tell me where we are." I say calmly yet seriously as I feel us being lifted in an elevator. Also, I can hear now and I hear him laugh a little.

"Be patient, Baby Doll." He says as the elevator slows to a stop and dings as the doors open, "We're almost there."

I pull my suitcase while Jason holds my other hand, helping me go forward and seemingly around some things until we suddenly stop and I feel him move behind me.

He brings his hands up to the blindfold and then teases, "You ready?"

I hit him with my elbow out of anticipation, excitement, and frustration, making him chuckle a little.

"Alright," He replies, taking the blindfold from my eyes, allowing me to finally see again.

And the first thing I see is a breathtaking beach view through glass doors leading to the balcony, the sky growing a dark orange and purple.

Without even thinking, I push open the glass door and walk out onto the balcony, eyes growing wide and even a little watery because no matter what view of the water it was, I knew which ocean, which beach this is. I used to see it all the time, walk down on it's sand...

I knew exactly where we were.

"Jason, what are we doing here?"

"This is my birthday gift," He gestures his fingers from himself to me, "to you."

I look over at him, eyes still wide and teary from horrible memories I have here, that I thought I forgot about. I slightly shake my head, "I haven't been here since-" My voice goes out as I glance back over the balcony to the ocean, the calming sounds of the waves making me remember the nights I walked down those shores and listened, the wind chilly as it blew, my hand clamped to his...

Jason grabs my hand when I think of him, the seemingly good memory instantly turning into a blurry vision looking at the ceiling of the hospital with an oxygen mask over my face and blood on my body.

I blink and let out a small breath when my lips part.

"I know," Jason says softly, stepping closer to me and brushing a piece of hair behind my ear. His fingers gently trail down my jawline to my chin where he let's out a small breath while his lips part in a small smile.

"You remember Thanksgiving? How I felt about it, why I felt that way at first?" He asks and I look up at him without an answer. But he knows that I know.