.20

"Ten seconds. Ten seconds." I whisper as I walk back in the house.

My heart was still racing and my mind was still contemplating the thought of knowing Red's identity. I mean, that's what I was staying here for...besides some other things if you catch my drift.

I walked to his room, the place he was most likely to be. And sure enough, he was there.

I knocked on the door and he opened it, raising a brow when he saw me. "And where did you go?" He asks as he walks back to his king sized bed.

"To get something." I answer truthfully, following him.

Here it goes.

I crawled onto the bed with him, taking the book from his hands and sitting on his lap.

I stared down at him, waiting for the ten seconds to go by, while he smirks and raises a brow, hands resting on my hips.

I saw the green laser scanning over his face, making my heart race even faster.

"Can I have my book back?" He asks as soon as the scan is finished.

"Jason Todd." I whisper, my voice barely coming out.

His brows furrowed as he leaned up, "What did you just say?"

"Your name." I answer quietly, "...Jason Todd."

"Who the hell told you my name?" He questions after examining me, unsuccessful in finding any devices.

"No one-"

"Don't fucking lie to me, Brielle. How do you know my name?"

I didn't expect him to be angry...

I start to slide from his lap. He gripped onto my wrist, pulling me back to keep me set. But it wasn't a playful pull, or a romantic pull; it hurt a lot.

"How the hell do you know my name?" He questions again, "Where the fuck did you go?"

"Izzy's." I answer quietly, my head lowering a little. I actually felt like I was being...scolded by him. And from that thought, I instantly snapped out of it.

I'm no one's pet.

I snatched my wrist from his grip, "Don't get pissed because I found out your name."

I stood from the bed and walked towards the door until he began to follow.

"How the hell did Izzy know? We've never taken any pictures, there was no way of facial recognition because I didn't meet her-"

"It was facial recognition." I reply, rubbing my wrist with furrowed brows, walking towards my room.

"How?" He questions, swinging my shoulder around and looking down at me.

"Contacts." I answer, and he glimpsed down at my hand around my wrist. I rolled my eyes and turned around, walking to my room.

"Brielle-"

"Jason." I reply angrily, really hating how he reacted. But I'm not going to lie, his name sounded familiar.

"Did I hurt you?-"

"No." I answer, grabbing the contacts box and going into my bathroom. I opened the case and leaned toward the mirror to begin to remove the thin contacts, his name continuing to shoot through my thoughts. I carefully place the contacts in their places then close the box.

I shoved it into his chest while I walked pass him, "You can have them, I don't need them anymore."

"And why are you upset?" He questions, watching as I pass him.