.36

I walk into the venue house Jason told me about, people even crowding outside of the place. It was large, a little smaller than Wayne Manor although I've never even physically been in Wayne Manor.

The mansion is located a little out of Gotham, but not too far out. And from what I saw, it seemed as if it'd be worth attending to.

I guess Jason and I were considering this as another date, our fourth so far, which I didn't have a problem with. With dealing with work and Nightshade business for the pass month, I can say I needed a break.

I step inside the large mansion, music playing at just the right volume. Everyone's wearing formal attire and the entire corridor, which is way larger than I ever expected it to be, has bars lined against the perimeter.

I wonder how I was supposed to find Jason...

I wear my black dress, since the theme of the party was black and white, the waist and lower is a translucent fabric while the top is strapless and opaque.

I maneuver my way through the crowd, figuring this was a formal-casual party. Meaning, it looked formal but strung out casually, like music and activities.

I meet a couple different eyes, not paying much attention to them though because they weren't the eyes I were looking for.

I can barely see over the crowd, even with my heels although I'm 5'11 with them on. They add 6 inches to my actual height, you do the math.

I swiftly turn around when a hand gets a firm grip on the curve of my waist and tugs me a bit.

I meet those green eyes I was searching for, along with a bright smile. I laugh a little, pointing a finger up at him even though I was now up to his bottom lip, "You almost got punched."

He laughs a little, his eyebrow raising, "I see, although I was much more tempted to grab something else."

I slightly bite my inner lip as a small feeling forms in my chest. It was the first time Jason's actually said something close to being sexual to me through our past few dates together, or being together in general.

"Sorry," He says, brushing his hair back through his hand, his other still on my waist, "I shouldn't have said that."

I slightly narrow my eyes as I stare at his green eyes. Ever since we started going on these dates, Jason's been brushing his hair back more, stuttering and hesitating more.

I think those were his nervous gestures.

Unlike how some people bite their nails or word-vomit, he has the cutest nervous gestures and it's so natural and so attractive.

I'm happy I'm the one who makes him that way.

"It's okay," I say, smiling a little, "I mean, we have been dating for a month. A little over a month-"

"I told you I wouldn't-"

"It's okay, Jason. I liked it." I smile brighter, putting my hand on his arm. He shook his head and sighed a little while looking away, like he was giving up on the conversation in an amused way. I giggle from it before he motions his head to the side, "Come on. I think I want a drink."

"Well you're not the only one then." I smile, taking his hand before he leads me through the crowd to one of the many spots of the perimeter bar.

We sit down and I order for myself before he can. I automatically know what I want.

"La Grande Parade de Paris." I order in my fluent French accent, leaning my folded arms on the countertop, "No olives."

The bartender looks at Jason, making me glimpse over at him with a small smile. I smile deeper when I see him already looking at me with another smirk on his lips.