.49

Jason and I hadn't been speaking at all today, with four days left til Thanksgiving and our argument last night.

I walk into the living room, finding him watching TV on the couch. His arm is lying against the armrest with his balled fist against his cheek.

He looks over at me when I grab my coat from the hook by the door, getting ready to head out.

"Where are you going?" He asks, and I glare over at him, continuing to put on my coat.

"Still giving me silent treatment?" He asks in an annoyed breath, looking back at the TV while pressing a button on the remote.

Okay, so maybe I hadn't been talking to him at all today.

I mean, last night after the argument, he left me to eat dinner alone and I'm not even sure when he came back because I was already asleep. I knew for damn sure he returned sometime pass midnight though.

"You don't have work today." He speaks apathetically.

Doesn't mean I don't have other places to be, dickhead.

"Are you seriously this mad?" He asks, glimpsing back at me. I angrily shove my boots on my feet.

Yes. Yes I am.

"Can you just tell me where the hell you're going?" He asks, now getting to an annoyed point where it made him angry.

No. No I cannot.

"You know what?" He clicks the remote and turns the TV off, standing up and putting his hands up in surrender, "Whatever, I don't care anymore."

Then he leaves the living room, disappearing around the corner.

Oh, you're gonna want to care.

I scowl at the last place I saw him before flipping my hood over my head, the edge of it touching my nose. I take his keys and take the Bugatti because I wanted to.

I was mostly upset because he lied. And the fact that I have literally nothing to hide from him because I have told him every SINGLE SECRET I have. I trust him with my life after that, but now I'm second thinking how much he trusts me back.

When I'm in the car, I back out of the driveway which was already gonna need another shoveling.

I drive carefully on the cleared roads, lucky that the snow wasn't falling right now.

When I arrive at the apartment complex, I park outside the building and go up the steps to the door. I knock a few times before I hear it unlocking and then it opens.

"Hey," The redhead smiles, stepping aside and letting me enter his warm home.

Taking my coat off, Roy takes it to hang up before smiling brightly, "You came right on time. I just made some hot chocolate and marshmallows. Like some?"

"Love some." I reply back with a returning smile, following him to the kitchen.

He grabs two mugs from the cabinet, then pours the hot chocolate into them. Taking the small marshmallows, he places a few in each cup then hands me one.

"Thank you." I say as I take it, then we walk to the living room.

"No problem." He says, sitting down on the couch. I sit beside him as he takes a sip of his beverage then raises an eyebrow, "Alright, so what's the emergency?"