.41

I slowly muster from a very deep and peaceful sleep, taking a deep breath as my eyes open. Jason's head is resting against my chest, the top of his head touching my chin as his arms remain wrapped around me.

I attempt to stretch a little but I instead wince when pain strikes my lower abdomen and legs, almost like pulling a muscle.

Jason chuckles a little, arms tightening around my back, "You okay?"

"Yeah...I-I'm fine." I say quietly, unsure if I was lying or not.

He looks up at me, blinking away the sleepiness in his green eyes as he smiles warmly, "I didn't hurt you too bad, did I?"

"No...I just," I pause nervously, having only one explanation, "I just haven't been sore in a while."

"I'll take that as a compliment." He smiles, sitting up some but keeping my body between his hands and underneath his torso. The blankets still cover our bare bodies, but he shifts to wear his lower body is no longer resting on top of me but now sitting beside me.

He brushes a thick strand of hair behind my ear, then continues to drag his finger down to my jawline, to cup my neck, the feeling sending slight chills down my arms.

"Did you mean it?" His smile slowly disappears as he looks deep into both of my eyes, "Last night, what you said. Did you mean it?"

I automatically know what he's talking about, and his voice was clearly showing he cared.

"I meant it." I answer, not exactly truly thinking about it.

"Prove it." He demands, seriousness now in his eyes. And then I go blank. I don't know how.

"I understand if you said it just because we were in the moment, Brielle, I just don't want you to lie to me," He says calmly, "So tell me the truth."

I furrow my brows and look at him confusedly, seeing something else was on his mind. And surprisingly, I figure it out.

"Do you think I regret last night?" I ask, and when he looks away, I knew the answer. I follow his eyes before placing my hand on his cheek, shedding a small, reassuring smile, "I don't regret it, Jason."

"You don't have to lie-"

"I'm not! I'm not, I promise I'm not lying to you, Jason." I reassure with a slightly deepened smile, but he doesn't return it like he usually does. Why is his mind so set on that I regretted last night?

I truly didn't.

"I wanted last night, Jason." I speak softly. "Hey, look at me," I continue with a small smile, moving his chin again. His eyes meet mine, hands still loosely around my hips.

"Jason, last night...I can't even explain it. It was amazing. It was worth waiting so long for." I take a small pause to prepare for my confession, "And I was thinking. I was thinking of the pass months we've been taking it slow, how much fun we've had, and everything you've done for me. How much we got to know about each other, small things, big things-"

"Brielle-"

"I'm not finished," I continue, wanting to get it out. This was my way of proving it, "Jason, I have nothing left to hide from you. I have told you ever single one of my secrets, which I never do. Because you've shown that I can and that I don't have to worry. You've shown me so much and I can't thank you enough for it."

I glimpse down at his chest for a moment before taking a slight breath and looking back up to him, "I care so much about you, and I trust you. So believe me when I say that I really do love you, Jason."

His eyes turn warm again and I raise my eyebrows, waiting for his smile to return. And finally it melts back onto his face when I grin happily, sitting up a little. I only take the pain of my soreness because the motivation to kiss him is stronger.