.03

I groaned mentally, rubbing my temples. Goodness, Batman could be such a pain in the ass at times. That talk was so pointless as he tried to blame me for everything that happens in this fucking city.

"I think that's it for tonight, Izzy. I'm on my way, Shade out."

"Izzy logging off." She replied and I turned my com off.

I sighed deeply as I jumped from the building and headed home. On my way, a distant scream caught my ear.

Why the hell not?

I headed towards the scream, stopping when I began to hear grunts as if someone was already getting their ass kicked.

I sighed and smirked, already guessing who it was.

When I looked over the edge of the building and into the alley, the hits stopped and only the woman stood, shaking in fear as the man I'm assuming attacked her laid limp on the ground. It was obvious she hadn't whooped his ass, so who did?

My back was kicked in and I fell into the alleyway with a loud thud and grunt, my body twisting in midair and landing on my back as another figure landed above me, crouching down and leaning over me.

"Looking for me?" He grins and I rolled my eyes.

He chuckled and stood up, putting his hand out for me.

I got up myself and realized the woman was long gone while the man attempted to retreat as well.

"Don't get cocky." I reply amused, wiping stuff off of me before he grabs my hand and twists me as if we were dancing, "If I remember correctly, you were the cocky one, Bribri."

I pushed away from him with a slight smirk, remembering the old nickname, "I know you have more work to do, so don't let me get in your way."

"I haven't seen you in a while," He says, out of his playful voice and actually kind of serious, "I knew you were in the city, but-"

"I know." I interrupt, "I've been busy."

"Too busy, obviously," He says, crossing his arms over his broad chest, "You can see Bats, but you can't see me?"

"How did you know?"

He shrugged, "I'm Nightwing."

"Well, someone's jealous. But I shouldn't be surprise," I smirk, "You could never handle jealousy very well."

"And there's your cockiness." He chuckles and I laughed small. I guess I did miss laughing with him a little.

"I heard you moved your headquarters back to Blüdhaven." I say with furrowed brows, "Why are you in Gotham?"

"I visit occasionally, unlike someone."

I sighed and put my hand on my hip, "I have been busy. I'm sorry. And you don't hear me say that often."

"No, I do not." He replies knowingly and I grin a little.

"Where were you? Still in Blüdhaven?" He asks, placing his hands on his hips.

"Temporarily, yes. After you left, I stayed there for a while, then moved a couple times. Then...I end up here."

"Like it so far?"

"Love it so far." I smile, thinking of a certain someone, "I'll see you later, Wing." I jumped wall to wall to flip back onto the rooftops.

Surprisingly, he didn't chase me, and that was a good thing as I felt as if I was being watched.

And my feeling confirmed itself when Red Hood appeared from nowhere.

"Nice try," I chuckle, his attempt to scare me a failure, "but you didn't get me."

"I wasn't trying to scare you." He claims, crossing his arms, "You know Nightwing?"

"Yeah," I breathe out, looking at the ground, "Really, really old friends."

"Just friends?" He questions, causing me to smile a little deeper.

"You are jealous."

Okay, maybe I am a little cocky...

"No."

"Uh-huh." I tease, the wind blowing my brown hair over my shoulder.

"No."

"You bore me." I reply flatly, pulling my hair up into a ponytail, "And why every time I see you, you automatically interrogate me?"

"Oh that wasn't an interrogation, trust me."

I huffed playfully and began to strut pass him, "I'm sure it wasn't."

"Where are you going?" He asks, turning around as I walked pass him.

"Home."

"Surprising."

I stopped in my tracks and looked back at him, "What do you mean, surprising?"

"Every time you leave me stranded on a rooftop, you run off to go finish supposed 'business' of yours," He replies, "not 'home'."

"Yeah, I have a lot of business. And sorry, Big Red, but I'm not gonna save you just because you're 'stranded' on a rooftop, because, well," I shrugged my shoulders, "you're not my business. Now if you'd excuse me, I've got a fridge and bed waiting for me." I smiled sweetly, turning around and jumping off the edge.

Sorry if I was being bitchy, but I was sick and tired of people scolding me on how busy I was. TOO FUCKING BAD.

Girl's gotta finish what she started.