.39

My phone buzzed against the sink counter as I finish putting on my eyeliner and mascara. I placed both back in my small makeup bag before grabbing my phone and seeing it was a text from Jason.

I unlock it, almost in a rush, to see what he said : I'm outside.

For some reason, my heart speeds up from what I assumed was nervousness. I looked at myself in the mirror, checking myself out before taking a small, confident breath.

My hair was straightened down my shoulders and arms, two braids connecting in the back. I wore a silver hippie-headband where a small diamond rested in the middle of my forehead. I also wore a white dress, the top laced while it showed some of my bare waist; the bottom was loose fitting and translucent; Jason told me not to wear anything tight, but formal yet comfortable to me.

I grab my phone and shove it in my usual hand bag before turning off the light and heading for my front door. My key is ready in my hand as I head out, eyes meeting Jason. He's looking down at his phone, his formal shirt slightly unbuttoned at the top. It was a light gray, and his pants matched. There was a shiny silver Rolex around his wrist and his black hair was pushed up and back instead of sleek and messy.

Both styles fitted him.

I turned and locked the door behind me, turning back around to meet Jason's glance. Our gazes lock til his green eyes slowly lower until they eventually reached my feet, his lips slightly parting in awe as he does.

The appraisal somewhat makes me feel more nervous, but delighted in a chill. I smile when his eyes flick back up to mine, his hand roughly shoving his phone in his pocket.

I begin to step down the steps to approach him, my heels clacking quietly and my hands holding onto my purse in front of me.

He still has that amazed look in his eyes as they follow my movements, observing me halfway with every other step. Eventually, they landed back on my face where they seemed to remain for the rest of the evening.

I raise my hand when I stand beside him, raising his chin with a playful smile, "Might wanna close that. Don't wanna catch flies, now do we?"

His lips break into a beautiful smile, "I'm sorry, where are my manners? You just look too beautiful for me tonight."

He opens the car door for me, refusing to break eye contact as he does. I giggle a little when he almost misses the handle of the Bugatti door.

I eye his handsome outfit and features, smiling just as brightly back, "And you look too beautiful for me too tonight."

He nods and chuckles, "I'll take it."

I laugh as I get in and he closes the door after me. When he enters his side of the car and starts it up, I look up in the visor.

It stays that way for a moment before he suddenly reaches over to slam the mirror close.

"Stop." He smirks, looking back at the road.

"What?"

"I told you, you look beautiful. Don't look back in that mirror thinking you're not." His tone and expression was playful, but I knew he was serious. I can't help but stare at the side of his face, almost as if I was mesmerized by it.

I was fascinated by him.

I just couldn't explain how he could make me feel one way and then another the next. But lately, he's just been making me feel one way: loved.

And let me tell you, nothing feels better.

"What?" He chuckles lightly, glimpsing over at me and catching me stare at him.