1. Delaware

Nickname: The First State

Human Name: Adam Read

Age: 21 Years Old

Gender: Male

Historical Background: The Dutch were the first group of Europeans to colonize the region, establishing the short-lived Zwaanendael Colony in 1631. Later in 1638, the Swedes and the Finns established New Sweden; the colony lasted until 1655 when the Dutch came back to conquer the region. In 1664, the English conquest of New Amsterdam ended Dutch rule in the region. The Lower Counties on the Delaware Bay (aka Delaware Colony) were then claimed/controlled as a part of New York and Maryland until 1682 when Pennsylvania was deeded ownership of the area. By the American Revolution, Delaware decided to become independent from Pennsylvania (as well as Great Britain), becoming "The Delaware State" on June 15, 1776.

Statehood: December 7, 1787 (1st)

Hair Color: Sienna Brown

Eye Color: Colonial Blue

Height: 5' 1" (155 cm)

Notable Traits: He has wavy hair. He has dark skin. His body is slim. He has glasses with rectangular frames. He typically wears business casual attire, occasionally sporting long-sleeved V-necks and shorts.

Favorite Foods & Drinks: Bobbies (sandwiches), Broiled Chicken, Creamed Chipped Beef, Dilly Crab Dip, Peach Pie, Salt & Vinegar Fries, Scrapple, Slippery Dumplings, Steamed Blue Crabs, Strawberry Pie

Likes: Business, Chemistry, Delaware Blue Hens, Log Cabins, Pumpkin Chunking

Dislikes: Del-a-where Jokes, Hawaiian Pizza, Internet Buffering, Ketchup with Fries, Sales Tax

Personality: Gloomy and Sober. As the first state to join the Union, he's commonly believed to be a leader of sorts. In reality, he acts more like a side character who accepts having no significance in national affairs despite having in the past made key decisions that influenced the foundation of the nation. Being small and powerless, he has to rely on his seniority to grab the attention of his peers. But when he does, he struggles to stay relevant. He'll keep to himself rather than go out of his way to interfere in others' affairs; he can't stand getting embarrassed or getting into trouble. Quick to give up as he's always thinking of the worse possibilities, it's no wonder he isn't taken seriously. In rare moments of hopelessness, however, he does find a way to pick himself up and inspire others. All it usually takes is a serious conversation with another person to boost his self-esteem. Otherwise, he acts like a grouchy grandpa who just wants to be left alone.

Trivia:
+ His first pair of glasses were given to him from Sweden.
+ Despite being the older one among them, Delaware tolerates Pennsylvania treating him like a little brother of sorts.
+ Since the early 19th century, Delaware has been in close contact with several members of the DuPont family.
+ During both World Wars, he produced gunpowder as their contribution to the war effort.
+ Miyagi (a prefecture of Japan) has been a sister state to Delaware since 1997. Delaware raised and made donations to the Japanese prefecture when they were hit the hardest by the 2011 Tōhoku earthquake and tsunami.

~

Feel free to vote and/or comment on Delaware.