Homework📝

Prompt: Scott and Mitch being their regular, awkward, teenage selves after they realize their feelings for each other and still don't know what to do with them.

Setting: AU Different Personalities

Words: 395
•••••

"Have you read this? All of these?"

Scott flips through Mitch's bookshelf as Mitch pulls his shirt off, tossing it carelessly across the room.

"Yeah, most of them. Why?"

Scott snorts. "Nerd."

"Shut up." Mitch retorts in an endearing tone, and Scott turns to meet his eyes. They both smile.

"So, um," Mitch sits on the edge of his bed, Scott standing to full attention, "my mom won't be home until eight and I've asked the service to give us privacy, so..."

"Homework?"

"Yeah, homework, of course." Mitch scrambles for his desk and Scott huffs a deep breath against Mitch's shelf, collecting himself.

Mitch hurries to transfer the binders from his bag to his desk.

"Um," Scott says from across the room, in the midst of Mitch's haste, "I-I don't know why I said that earlier."

"Said what?" Mitch continues to retrieve the things they need for homework, pausing briefly to brush his bang back; a nervous habit.

"That we– that I came over to do homework. I didn't come over to do homework."

Mitch halts his actions, confused, and spins around. "Huh?"

"I mean, I," Scott huffs again, shoving his hands into his pockets, "I came over to see you, not to just, do homework."

"Oh." Mitch breathes out, stunned, "oh, okay. I mean, that's sweet, Scotty. Really."

He grins, taking small steps towards Scott, who is already burning a light red. Scott looks up upon his arrival, and the same sheepish smile appears on his face.

"You're, um, you're s-still not wearing a shirt." Scott stutters, eyebrows raising in attempt to keep his eyes on Mitch's.

"Does that bother you?" Mitch questions with a close-lipped smile, his dimples popping.

"No. No, of course not." Scott shrugs it off, obviously lying through his teeth.

"Good," Mitch smiles, "so, homework first? Then we can see what we have time left to do?"

"Yeah, yes. Homework." Scott replies while Mitch retreats from him and walks back towards the desk. He sighs a final time, pushing himself off of the bookshelf.

"Homework."

•••••

I'm back with a short lil update for you! I missed you guys so much, I couldn't wait until tomorrow to post. Sorry it's small, but the one next week will be longer :)

I did have loads of fun in Guatemala. We changed a lot of people's lives.

What's the best thing about love, in your eyes?