The Voice 🚿

Prompt: When you've just finished your daily workout and you really need a shower, but there's an angel taking up the only working one in the locker room. 

Setting: AU same personalities

Words:  863
•••••

Scott swings the towel around his sweat-covered neck, walking into the locker room for the fifth time this week.

Private sessions were getting filled, so he's stuck with the latest spot. 9:30.

Not that he's complaining; he wouldn't be sleeping at this time anyways.

He rounds the corner and opens the door to the shower area, a melody almost immediately catching his ear.

"What's worse, lookin' jealous or crazy? Jealous or crazy?
Or like being walked all over lately, walked all over lately-"

Scott's eyes widen for two reasons.

One, he loves that song. Fuck, what is he saying? He just loves Beyonce.

And two, the person singing has one of the most gorgeous voices he'd ever heard.

He begins to get closer to the shower cubicle.

"I'd rather be crazy.
Hold up, they don't love you like I love you,
Slow down, they don't love you like I love you"

Scott's practically enthralled by the voice behind the shower, and considering it's a men's shower room, he knows for sure he's a tenor.

"I hop up out my bed and get my swag on
I look in the mirror, say, "What's up?"
What's up, what's up, what's up
I hop up out my bed and get my swag on-"

Scott is so busy trying to figure out who it could be, that he doesn't notice the water turn off. He doesn't notice the towel yanked from the top of the curtain. He doesn't notice the tan, slim boy stepping out of the shower.

"I look in the mirror, say, "What's up?"
What's up, what's up, what's- AH!"

The shrill shriek pulls Scott out of his trance, and he stumbles over his feet, trying to back away from the shower.

"What the fuck, dude? You scared me!"

"Sorry! I'm sorry! I'm sorry, you just have a really unique voice."

"And, you wouldn't have known that if I knew you were in here," he rolls his eyes, pulling up his towel even more, "creep."

He pushes past Scott, and Scott can't help but notice how soft his shoulder is, how good he looks with just a towel on, how smooth his voice is.

"Wait, waitwaitwaitwaitwait." Scott rushes, following the boy out to the locker room.

"I know you think I'm a creep and all, but your voice is absolutely stunning."

"I know."

"Okay, great. So, you know it could get you opportunities."

He turns around with a shocked look on his face.

"Are you trying to get in bed with me?" He exclaims.

"No! No, no, of course not! No."

"So, you're saying you wouldn't get in bed with me."

"No, fuck, I mean, yes. I mean, that's not-" Scott's quickly turning red, and frankly, running out of answers. The boy stands there with his eyebrows raised.

"Come out with it?"

"I want your voice featured on my track." Scott rushes out.

Mitch thinks for a moment, and Scott waits uncomfortably.

"What track?"

"I'm a producer. Well, sort of. I write songs and record them and post them online. I don't really have a fanbase, but my following is really strong. I'd love to have your voice on my newest song."

"Song's title?"

"Bad4Us."

"Bring me a mix and I'll do it."

"Wow. That was easy, given how we met I thought you might say no-"

"Not so fast. What's your name?"

"Scott."

"I'm Mitch, and my vocals won't go anywhere near your track until I've heard it, and when I hear it, I expect to be paid for my vocal labor."

"Y-Yes, sir."

Mitch laughs.

"That's definitely a new one." Then, he drops his towel. Scott quickly shuts his eyes, startled.

"Mitch! I'm still here!"

"I know. No shame in showing something I'm proud of. When should we meet about this vocal thing?"

Scott slowly opens his eyes, still a bit uncomfortable that Mitch stands– in all his glory– right in front of him.

"Um- um- I'm here every night. This time. I get here for 9."

"Great. I get here at 8:30, so just catch me before I get in the shower. I take a while."

Scott doesn't answer; his focus lacking due to his situation. Mitch pulls up a pair of pink briefs.

"What? Are you gay or something? Stop staring at me like that. Could've sworn you were straight the way you walked in here all macho and shit."

"Um, pan, but I won't say that I don't find you attractive."

Mitch hummed in approval, now finished dressing.

"Well, I'm glad you like what you see. Hopefully you'll have that track for me tomorrow. If you work efficiently tomorrow, maybe you'll be hungry enough to go out for a snack afterwards." Mitch smirks, sending a quick wink in Scott's direction. He slings his duffle bag over his shoulder.

"I'll see you tomorrow, Scott."

"Bye..." Scott utters almost too late, and then Mitch was gone. Scott laughs quietly to himself.

"How fast can tomorrow come?"
•••••

the thought of 30,000 eyes skimming one chapter of this book makes me want to vomit rainbows.

thank you all.

what's your favorite Disney/Pixar movie of all time?