Whipped 🏀

Prompt: I know nothing about sports, but something along the lines of this: Scott's a basketball player who's brain just happens to turn to mush whenever he's in 3 feet of Mitch Grassi.

Setting: AU Different Personalities

Words: 993
•••••

5 seconds on the clock.

"C'mon, Hoying! Pick it up!" Kevin shouted from across the court. Trevor passed it to me, and soon I was dribbling down the court in the game that decided if we went to State or not. I was sweating from head to toe. My heart was pounding in my ears as I neared the net. Someone from the opposing college tried to block me, but I turned and dribbled around him. I inwardly crossed my finger as I shot for the net.

Everything went quiet, and the ball seemed to move in slow motion. Back, fourth, board, net- it rolled, then finally fell through.

I gasped as the crowd stood to their feet, cheers raining from the stands. Alex almost dislocated my shoulder as he jumped on me, screaming victory in my ear. My team surrounded me, and eventually ended up as giant group hug of sweat and smiles. We rally around in celebration all the way down to the locker rooms. My cheeks were hurting from grinning so hard.

"You did it, Hoying!" Avi yelled, patting me on the back as he ran past me to his locker.

"Yeah, you really sealed the game." Jake added timidly, flashing me a smile.

"Thanks, guys." I exhaled happily as I reached my locker. I always love these moments when the team comes together, whether I made the winning shot or not.

"Bet your girlfriend would be proud of us." Trevor smirked, stuffing his shoes into his gym bag.

"That's boyfriend to you," I stripped of my shirt, barely prepared for the choir of immature 'ooh's' and kissing noises that followed.

"Oh, my apologies. I'm sure your queen will reward you for your win when you get back to the apartment." He retorted in a light tone. I knew he was joking, but I couldn't help wondering...

"How about you, Cam? You and Genevieve figured everything out?" Avi asked.

Thank you Avi for taking the attention off of me. I'll have to pay you back with cookout later.

"No, no, I'm actually doing okay. She was becoming clingy and over dramatic anyway. Getting in the way of other friendships and stuff." He answered with a hesitant smile.

"Well I'm glad you're okay. Wouldn't want our entire team to be an emotional wreck out there." Alex stated humorously, earning a laugh from the lot of us.

"Hey, speaking of wrecks, my car broke down outside. Can anyone give me a ride?" Con asked.

"I know I can't. Gotta go grocery shopping before I go home. Mom's orders." Cameron rolled his eyes.

"Are you guys still planning to move out soon?" I asked, pulling on my jeans.

"Um, yeah... Yeah my parents are working on it. I hope it not soon though, wanna finish the season and take home the trophy!" Cam claimed, earning woops and hollers from the other team mates. I laughed, fixing my hair in a nearby mirror. I was always one of the few that took the longest to change.

"I, um, I might be able to give you a ride..." Jake spoke up, " but my roommate is picking me up, if that's okay?"

"Oh yeah! Definitely! Thanks, Jake." Con smiled, grabbing his stuff.

"I guess I'll see you guys later?" Con leads Jake out as the rest of us answer with a mix of 'byes' and 'see you laters'. We all progressively left the locker room.

"Hey, you guys maybe want to go out to pizza? We can go cheap. Papa John's or Dominoes?" Alex suggested.

"Nah, the captain has other plans." I heard his voice from behind me, and immediately relaxed, turning around.

"Mitchy." I grinned, walking towards him.

"Congratulations, baby." He said before I wrapped his small body in my arms, pulling him in for a kiss. His fingers lightly brushed against my cheek as our chests collided. It was hard to focus on my beautiful boy in my arms when my teammates were shouting vulgar things behind my back.

"Hey, Scott! You gonna carry him so he won't have to tire out his perfect feet?" Someone jested.

"Heart eyes Hoying is back!"

"Just ignore them." I mumbled happily, Mitch smiling softly back at me.

"I always do," he replied, leaning to the side, "Congrats on your win, boys. I'm proud of you!"

A chorus of "thank you's" and assorted "Mrs. Hoying" comments came back in reply. He rolled his eyes.

"Kirstie and I were going to go out for sushi. If you want pizza, that's fine-"

"No, no! I love sushi! We can go wherever you want, baby." I kissed him on the cheek as he giggled.

"Hoying! I thought you said you'd rather do stadiums than try a raw fish?" Cameron exposed me, and my face flushed red.

"Damn, he is whipped!"

Mitch gave me a sarcastic look. "Scotty, we don't have to get sushi. I was just feeling for it..."

"I'll find something to eat. It's whatever. I want to take you both out for sushi. Hi, Kirstie!" He peered behind Mitch, seeing Kirstie was glued to her phone. She gave him a quick wave, her eyes never leaving the screen.

No surprise there.

"Alright, then sushi it is. Maybe we can stop at KFC for you and just eat at home? Anything to celebrate your victory, you name it." Mitch tried to compensate for my loss of pizza, but as long as I was with him, I was satisfied.

"Whatever you want, baby." I hang my arm around his neck and steer us towards the doors leading to the parking lot. Kirstie followed silently.

"Bye, Scotty!" The boys teased as we walked outside. I flipped them off as I left the building.