Theatre v. Choir [3] 🎤

Prompt: Mitch is talking to Kirstie about how hard it is to be a singer in choir. Scott comes in and challenges his beliefs. Scott's a theater kid; Mitch is a choir kid. Kirstie is both.

Setting: AU alternate personalities

Words: 1003
•••••

"Who's that?" Scott asks, leading casually against the wall.

"That's Adam. Mitch's new boy toy."

Scott snorts.

"Really? The kid in debate club? Doesn't seem like Mitch's type."

"And when have you known Mitch's type?" Kirstin grins knowingly.

Scott only grunts in reply, pushing himself off of the wall and walking over to the happy couple sitting on the couch.

"Awesome Tailgate party, am I right?" Scott yells happily, plopping down on the couch forcefully and successfully spilling Mitch's drink.

"Scott! What the f-"

Mitch begins to chew him out, but suddenly remembers where he is and pauses.

"There's a bathroom down the hall, Mitchy." Scott smiles cheekily, the mischievous twinkle in his eyes driving Mitch closer to the point of insanity.

"Thanks." He grumbles, wiping his shirt the best he can and vanishing down the hall, leaving Adam and Scott alone.

"So, Adam, is it?"

Adam shifts uncomfortably, smiles and nods.

"Well, pleased to meet you. I'm Mitch's best friend, Scott." Scott sticks out his hand, and Adam shook it carefully.

"I just came over to scope you out, make sure you're the right man for my BFF, given you're the first man he's ever dated." Scott laughs welcomingly, but the statement leaves Adam confused.

"What- what do you mean?"

"Well, you know the teens. It's a dodgy time in all of our lives. Figuring out who we are, our sexuality. Mitch is just playing the field as you say. He's just a little bit noncommittal. He says it's different, but you're a nice guy."

"Mitch isn't gay?" Adam turns to Scott now, interested in this new information.

"Not yet at least, but maybe you can turn him. That's the point of him dating you, I guess."

"Hm."

"'Hm' is right, my friend. But, all is well that ends well." Scott gives Adam two pats on the back, seeing Mitch approach the two.

"Oh dear, I hope he hasn't corrupted you yet." Mitch says sweetly, and Scott feels a pang of jealousy. He's never received that tone.

"No, no, it's fine. But, I think we need to talk." Adam stands to face Mitch, and Scott fights a smile.

"Well, I'll leave you two to it. Catch you later, as we always say, right Mitchy?" Scott laughs, walking away from the scene of his own crime.