Serving The Cameras 💋

collab w blueivysmom !!

Prompt: Mitch is a new model selected for Brentino, a model agency. This just happens to be an off-branch of Vogue, whom Scott models for. (Fem!Scott) (a/n: I know, one of a kind right? I've never seen a fem!scott au so I tried. He's really not that fem but- you know what, just read it.)

Setting: AU same personalities

Words: 1851
•••••

I sauntered into the building, my stomach clenching at the mere sight of the front desk.

My first day on the job.

I had been selected to model for a new company that's a side branch of Vogue, called Brentino.

To say I was nervous is an understatement.

I know no one here, and let's be honest, I'm the new guy in a sea of talented, experienced models. What if they were bratty and rude, or tried to get rid of me? I could easily be tricked into doing something embarrassing like going into the ladies bathroom or some forbidden office without even thinking twice. Knowing how socially awkward I am, I could probably even be fired on the first day.

I shook my head to push away those thoughts, trying to remember what mother used to say to me when my anxiety got overwhelming. Act positive. Think positive. Be positive.

Walking up to the desk, I force a smile onto my face.

"Hi! Mitch Grassi? For Brentino opening shoot?"

I'm relived when she returns with a smile of her own. She types something into the laptop on her desk. Reaching for something under her desk, she pulls out a pass on a lanyard.

"Suite 210, Mr. Grassi."

"Mitch, please." I politely correct her, while taking the pass.

"Wonderful. Good luck, Mitch!" She responds. I thank her and make my way over to the elevator.

Great. Someone's already there.

He was buff, with dusty blonde surfer hair tucked under a SnapBack and a relaxed aura. His wardrobe consisted of a yellow tank and skin-tight blue jeans. The flip-flops on his feet confirmed that this man was supposedly not a model.

I smile politely as I pass him, making my way to the elevator button.

"I already pressed it." He informs me, causing me to turn and look at him.

"Oh..." I start, not having expected him to speak up. "Thanks."

"No problem." He shoots me a pretty smile and turns to the elevator doors.

A few moments pass by before he clears his throat.

"So, um, what are you here for?" He asks. Before I could answer, he begins to defend himself.

"I mean, not to be rude. I just- I figured since you're dressed like that, you must be important." He blurts. Oh my gosh, this guy is digging his own grave.

I have to admit, his dorkiness is strangely endearing.

"Um, no actually. I'm a new model for Brentino." I answer proudly. His face seemed to light up.

"No way! I'm an alumni! Scott Hoying." He says with excitement, sticking out his hand to shake as the elevator door finally opens. I shook his hand and tried to remember why that name sounded familiar, my eyes widening in shock when finally it hit me.