Everything 🔱

Prompt: None. I think the reason I like this one so much is because it doesn't have a concrete backstory. It just is.

Setting: AU Alternate personality

Words: 438
•••••

Mitch heard three knocks on his door. Wyatt immediately jumped off of his lap, scampering to his room. Mitch sighed.

"It must be the rain." He thought.

Yet, moments later, the knocking continued. Mitch groaned, rising from the couch and slipping his house shoes on to walk to the door.

"Who the fuck ding-dong-ditches in the rain-" He paused at the sight.

"It's still you. It always has been you. It always will be." Scott Richard Hoying blurted from his doorstep, soaked to the bone in the rain.

There was a beat.

"You know, in some countries, you can get arrested for this." Mitch replied cooly, though he was shocked to even see the blonde still remembered who he was.

"Mitch, please. I was- I was stupid. I still love you... a lot." A piece of hair flopped on the middle of his forehead.

"Actually, I think you can get arrested in America for this."

"Please don't call the cops on me." Scott sighed, casting his eyes to the ground.

"Why are you here?"

"To plead for your forgiveness."

"Why in the rain?"

"You loved when I was dramatic." Scott peeked up at Mitch. He looked like a little, sad, wet puppy.

"I, um," he cleared his throat, "I also brought these."

Scott stuffed a hand into his jacket and pulled out a bouquet of white roses.

"I wanted them to stay dry so I, I stuffed them in my jacket. Our roses... Remember?" Scott was biting his lip, and the roses were getting soaked in the torrential downpour, but to Mitch, it meant everything. It still meant everything.

"One moment please." And, to Scott's surprise, Mitch slammed the door in Scott's face. He quickly ran to his room and back, took a deep breath, and opened the door.

Scott was still there, wet hair and wet roses.

Mitch stepped out, the rain cold to his skin. He stood facing Scott, and pulled the blanket over the taller boy's shoulders.

"You'll get hyperthermia."

"I'd get the deadliest flu for you." Scott looked flushed, and was trembling.

Mitch decided something then. He used his toes for some leverage, and pulled the blanket down until Scott's lips met his own. It was nothing wild, just a simple peck, but to Scott, it meant everything.

"You're an idiot."

"I know."

The rain lightened up a bit.

"Come inside?"

"I don't deserve to..."

"Come inside." Mitch firmly stated. Scott chased his lips, but Mitch pulled back. Scott sighed.

"If it's fine with you. I'm soaked, though."

"It's alright. I'm sure Wyatt won't mind."