Angel 👼🏻

Prompt: A little camomile tea, a little heartbreak, a little hook-up, a little phone call

Setting: AU Different Personalities

Words: 1123
•••••

A knock and a sob simultaneously rang through my apartment. I was pouring myself a cup of camomile tea, half naked- save for some briefs and my Rolling Stones tee- when it came.

I frowned, setting down my mug and sauntered over to my front door. I unlocked it, and swung it open to reveal-

Mitch?

"Ry!" He cried, grabbing my neck and slamming his lips against mine. I was caught off guard by his force, and grabbed his waist as he pushed us back into the apartment. My head was dazed, but his lips were busy, and I couldn't keep up. I had to break away.

"Wait, Mitch." I heaved, pulling my head back.

"No, please." He wined, desperately drawing me back towards him by wrapping his arms around my neck. Our chests were flush against each other, and usually I'd get a boner around now, but everything felt a bit...off.

"Mitch, stop." I demanded against his lips, reaching my arms behind my neck and pulling his hands apart, forcing them down by his sides.

His mouth rested open, his chest heaving, and I thought he must be in shock until he suddenly bursted into tears.

And, crumpled to the ground.

"Mitch! Oh my gosh!" I exclaimed, startled and kneeling down quickly, coaxing his body into mine. He held onto my shirt for dear life, drenching it in his sorrow.

"He doesn't want me," He gasped through his tears, "I told him how I felt! I told him that I wanted more; I told him that I wanted him, and he-"

"Who? Scott?"

"Don't say his name and just-" he tightened his grip, leaning in closer, his exhales warm on my lips, "just make the pain go away. Just make it stop. I need- I- I need-"

Mitch began to hyperventilate, his head resting weakly against my chest.

"Mitch, breathe, please." I begged, "Baby, look at me." He sobbed and sobbed and I rubbed his back but frankly I didn't know what to do. All I knew is that I couldn't stand one more minute of this beautiful boy crying in my arms.

So, I kissed him.

And, he kissed back. Hard.

•~•

It's some time after 12 and I'm still awake.

Two hours after I had made him moan, squirm, bend, feel in all the right ways.

And it still felt wrong.

I can feel him, though he's barely a full inch away.

I can always feel him. I always think about him.

You see, I'm desperately, hopelessly, terribly, whole-heartedly in love with Mitch Grassi.

Who just happens to be in love with a dick. Scott Who-can-go-fuck-himself or whatever his last name is.

His phone buzzes once again, just like it has been for the last hour. My stomach gets a weird feeling, and I have the strange urge to pick it up.

So I do.

I quietly sit up, swinging my legs over the side of the bed and getting up, creeping over to Mitch's side of the bed.

The angel lay sleeping in a fetal position, now facing away from me. My duvet balled into his fists, leaving his marked and bruised back exposed. My heart leaps as I grab his phone.

I could wake up to this everyday, if he'd just-

The phone vibrates in my hand, and I tiptoe out down the hallway and into the bathroom. I finally look down at the screen.

Of course, it's 'Scotty' calling. Even his stupid contact picture is of them. Looking all stupidly cute as he kisses Mitch's cheek, hugging him from behind. Mitch stupidly grinning, looking genuinely happy. Even their height difference.

Ugh.

I barely slide the answer button before a fretful, tender voice pours through the phone.

"Mitchy? Mitchy, thank God you're okay! I was so worried, please come home. I'm sorry- I was an idiot. Just come back and we can talk about it. I'm so, so sorry, baby. I love you a lot and you know that. I'm just glad you're okay."

There's a pause. I didn't realize before; I never really thought this plan through.

"Mitch?"

"Yeah... This ain't him." I sheepishly reply.

There's another pause.

"Who is this?"

His tone does a total 180. I almost got chills from how possessive he sounds.

"This is Ryden. Mitch's fuck buddy? I'm sure you've heard a lot about me."

"No, I'm not quite sure I've ever heard that name before."

Has to be a lie. Has to be.

"Okay, well, he's here. So, he's fine."

"Where is here? Why do you have his phone? Where is he? If you lay a finger on him, I swear-"

"Okay, okay, calm down. He's sleeping and, again, he's fine. Just a little heartbroken. Nothing a little sleep won't fix. I think it's best if he just stayed here for tonight."

"You think it's best?" He scoffs, "since when did you know what was best for him? He's my best friend, you'd have to be an idiot to think he's safer in your hands than mine."

"Well, you'd have to be an idiot to let a boy like that slip out of your grasp."

My eyes widen, and I'm sure his did too.

I regret it. I regret it I regret it I regret it-

"Listen here, Ryden," he snarls, "I don't know what game you think you're playing at, but I will find where you live, and if you even think that playing Mitch will make him fall in love with you, then you're dead wrong. You can make the most of tonight, because when I find you-"

My finger taps quickly on the 'End Call'.

I don't think I'll have the pleasure of meeting this Scott anytime soon.

With sleep being my number one priority, I stumble back down the hallway, still processing the phone conversation.

There is no way I'm letting that boy take Mitch as his own. Also, playing Mitch to make him fall in love with me is the stupidest accusation I've ever received. I would never juggle Mitch heart, and if I did, I would be much more careful with it than he'd ever be.

I climb into bed, the little angel shuffling awake beside me.

"Mm, Ry? Is everything okay?" He mumbles sleepily. I smile softly.

"Yes, love, everything is fine. Go back to sleep." I slip my body back under the covers, and he moves closer, his bare skin hot against mine. My heart lights aflame in my chest, and I fight the urge to ask him to be mine right then and there.

"G'night." I pull him more towards me, his head resting on the pillow beneath my chest. This is where he should be. Always.

"Goodnight, Angel."
•••••

Forget about reality Scott. Who's side are you on?

Scotty's?

Or Ryden's?