AcaGames 💀

Explanation: Something like American Idol plus a-cappella meets Hunger Games in a big death arena in LA idfk

Setting: AU Different Personalities

Words: 595
•••••

"Today marks the first day of the annual AcaGames! You have all been called here today to be assigned to your teams!" A man with purple hair and a large microphone announced to the crowd.

"If you flip over your shoe, you should see a color and the list of your teammates! The color will match the flags hung around the stadium. Good luck!"

Kevin takes off his shoe, with great difficulty, to see the names.

"Oh dear. This is not good."

-

Meanwhile, Kirstin's heels clicked happily, drawing her nearer and nearer to the pale yellow flag.

She knew no one on her list, but she knew how to win. You have to know people.

And, being the only girl in her group, she knew just how easy it would be to get people to want to know her.

-

Mitch wandered around cluelessly, looking for a stupid pale yellow flag in the 20 different shades of yellow they had presented. None of them looked quite like the one he had on his shoe.

He cleaned his glasses once again, prayed for the best, and began walking towards the third one down.

-

Avi was already waiting under the flag when he saw a short blonde approaching.

"Hey! Are you on my team?"

The blonde nodded, and began to jog over.

"I'm Avriel, but I go by Avi." Avi introduced, sticking out his hand to the boy.

"Mitchell Grassi." He shook Avi's hand, and saw another two people coming from opposite directions.

"Hey guys! Are you pale yellow team?" Another blonde hollered over, running towards them.

"Yeah!" Avi yelled, and the taller man drew near, "I'm Avi. This is Mitch."

"It's Michell." Mitch quietly corrected, only to be ignored.

"Nice to meet you! I'm Scott!"

"Avi."

Avi turned to meet eyes with the only person he knew to call him by the nickname.

"Kevin."

"Oh dear, I sense some tension." A brunette girl remarked, finally arriving at the flag.

"I love tension." Another brown-headed boy remarked.

"Out of all the people who sing, it had to be you." Kevin resumed.

"Didn't ask for this, Kevo."

"That sounded awfully patronising, Avi."

"Arm please." A man in a white suit and mask asked Kirstin.

"Why?" She asked, yet still stuck out her arm. He slapped a pink coloured band around her wrist.

"Ow?" She exclaimed, and he continued to do it for everyone else in the group.

"You will all refer to each other by your color name, alright?"

"Yes, Sir." They collectively murmured.

-

Avi closed his eyes for a moment, feeling dizzy after the bracelet secured itself around his wrist.

-

"What's your name again?" Avi asked Kevin.

"Um," Kevin looked down at his wrist, "Yellow."

"I'm Black."

"Are you?"

"Ha, ha, very funny." Black smiled, and decided he liked Yellow's sense of humor.

"Pink, Blue, Green, Red; nice to meet you." He addressed the rest of them, who still looked a little loopy.

"Line up at the door!"

The six walked towards their iron door, and it opened.

"One person step in first."

"I'll step in!" Red volunteered.

The man guided Red inside, then stepped out as the door closed with him inside. Every chamber made a thudding sound when it closed, and it filled Black with fear.

The chambers re-opened, and everyone saw their slaughtered team member, holes punctured through their body from head to toe.

Everyone stumbled back, shocked. An announcement played over the intercom.

"Welcome to the AcaGames!"
•••••

there's gonna be a part 2 to this mess

Hunger Games, Maze Runner, or Divergent Series?