Welcome to Hell ⛓

Prompt: Mitch is a patient in HELL. Scott's one of the best psychological counselors in the country.  (May be a part two; depends on feedback)

Setting: AU alternate personalities

Words: 1259

•••••

"Mr. Hoying? Scott Hoying?"

Scott raised his head in response.

"Here." He waved his hand tentatively, and rose from his chair, walking towards the desk.

"Hi, Mr. Hoying! I'm Cherry, the supervisor over the counselors in this division. It's very nice to meet you!" The lady said in a quiet, cheerful voice.

"And you as well," Scott replied with a smile, shaking her small hand. "Um, they didn't really tell me a lot when giving me the background of the patient, so if you don't mind..."

"Oh, of course!" Cherry enthused, waving Scott to the other side of the counter. Scott followed her as she then led him down the hallway.

"Welcome to the Healing Establishment of Lichion and Lionare, or as we like to call it, Hell."

That earned a laugh from them both, even though the matter was everything but lighthearted.

"I take it you must be very good at what you do to take this challenge." Cherry's voice lost its pep as they turned the corner and walked through a hallway to a different sector of the building.

"This," Cherry sighed, "this is where we keep all the truly troubled, or as we call them, lost cases."

There was laughter, but it wasn't from the two. Screams, cackles, and the clanking sounds of chains filled Scott's ears. He had known what he signed up for- he was amazing at it - it would just take a little adjusting.

Cherry brought them into an open office and picked up a file, ready on the table.

"Mitchell Coby Michael Grassi. Some call him a witch. I just call him broken." Cherry said with a sympathetic smile.

"Father issues, abusive boyfriend, his anxiety and a small period of anorexia is why he is the way that he is. His actions can be very sudden and unreasonable, and I suppose that's why he landed himself here with the crazies." She paused, "his brain is all there- we tested him, and he's very smart when he has the right motivation- but when he was so close to recovery, his last counselor had to be...excused."

Scott knew what she meant. He got the call on a Thursday afternoon. It was his boss, requesting him to help out a friend. This 'trouble patient', Mitch Grassi, had driven his last counselor mad- well, madly in love with him- and they needed the best.

And he was the best.

Some might say Scott was cocky, but he's mostly just stating the facts. He's  the guy that stays under the radar until things get messy. And, from what Scott's heard, this situation was pretty messy.

"We just need you to talk to him, let him know he has a constant. I'm sure he was so out of it he won't know the difference between you and Alex, his past helper." Cherry smiled, handing Scott the folder.

"Would you like to meet him?"

•~•

"Here's a buzzer. Given his situation, we had to have him collared so we could keep him in check and keep those around him safe. I know you won't want to use it, and it always breaks my heart, but you'll know when it's necessary." Cherry whispered, clipping the small button to my back pocket and slowly opening the door to room 460.