The Private Investigators

Start from the beginning

"Eun Ji, why are you speaking like that to her?" So Joon asked clearly not wanting Eun Ji's tone.

"You almost died because she dragged you in her job," Eun Ji said and he was suddenly that childish prince that Ha Jin knew.

"It was not because of me or the favors I asked from him," Soon Deok said.

"Stop fighting," So Joon quickly said. "I am not blaming anyone. What happened to me is an accident. Let's just forget it."

"Forget it? You..."

"Eun Ji, stop now," Ha Jin quickly said as she remembered what Joo Hyuk had told her a few days ago. So Joon was having a mental breakdown at the mention of his wound.

"But..."

"So Joon already said that we should forget what happened. Let's not talk about it, okay?"

"Fine," Eun Ji said with that same disappointed expression that made Ha Jin smile.

"I'm sorry... but can I know your name? I am Ha Jin..."

"My girlfriend," So Joon quickly added making Ha Jin and Soon Deok smile.

"I am Hera," Soon Deok said standing beside Ha Jin so she could whisper to her, "I already know you."

"What?" Ha Jin was surprised.

"So Joon asked me to help him stalk you," Hera whispered sending a wide smile on Ha Jin's face.

"Can I ask you more about it later?" Ha Jin whispered back and Hera only nodded excitedly.

"Hey! What are you two whispering to each other? Ha Jin don't be too close to her. You might get hurt."

"Eun Ji, that was too much," So Joon said. "Just let them be."

"But..."

"I said let them be," So Joon said. "Are we going to cook or not?"

"Fine," Eun Ji said with another disappointed sigh. "Let's just cook."

"And let Hera help."

"Fine," Eun Ji said glaring at Hera. "She has no talent in cooking. She could only help with the ingredients like you, So Joon."

"Then help me here, Hera," So Joon said giving Hera a knife.

"Don't drag my brother again to any of your business," Eun Ji warned her.

"I won't," Hera snapped at him.

Ha Jin was wondering why those two was not yet in a relationship when, back there on Goryeo, they died trying to save each other.

It was not new to Ha Jin that they were acting like that towards each other. They were always like that but in this lifetime, it seemed like they were just buddies instead of lovers.

Had they given up on each other? Did they wish that they loved another person instead?

Ha Jin felt sad if that was the case but she was still wishing that it was not, that they still love each other greatly.

She would pry about that later.

^######################################################^

"Thanks for the help, brother," Eun Ji said when they finished preparing the ingredients and began cooking. "You can wait with Joo Hyuk. We will call you once we are finished."