The Private Investigators

So Joon and Joo Hyuk were surprised when Ha Jin and Eun Ji came to their house early Sunday morning.

"What are you doing here?" So Joon asked a little conscious of himself because he had just woken up and was about to go to the bathroom when Joo Hyuk yelled his name as if there was an emergency.

He came running beside him on their front door and was shocked to see Ha Jin and Eun Ji standing there carrying a plastic full of meat, fruits, and vegetables.

Eun Ji glared at So Joon as he said, "I already told you that I also live here. Why are you always asking me?"

"I'm sorry," So Joon quickly said focusing on Ha Jin. "Why are you here with my brother?"

"Ha Jin wants to cook for our family," Eun Ji answered blinking at Ha Jin who only smiled at him. "Can we go in now? These are heavy."

"Let me help you," So Joon said carrying the bags on Ha Jin's hands.

"Did you bring ramen?" Joo Hyuk asked helping Eun Ji.

"What? You already ate all of the ramen you stocked in the cabinet?"

"There were still four left," Joo Hyuk said.

"I already prepared food for you to reheat," Eun Ji said putting the groceries over the kitchen table right beside So Joon and Ha Jin.

"I ate ramen for snack," Joo Hyuk said. "Ramen gives me inspiration."

"Fine," Eun Ji said. "Go back to your painting."

"I will," Joo Hyuk said then he looked at Ha Jin, "Do you really know how to cook?"

"Of course," Ha Jin said confidently. "I cook for my family whenever I can."

"Leave us," Eun Ji said. "Go and paint."

"Fine. I'll go now," Joo Hyuk said pulling So Joon away from the kitchen. "He needs to take a bath."

"I'll be back," So Joon said. "I also want to help."

"The ingredients will wait," Eun Ji said and So Joon went back to their room with Joo Hyuk.

^#######################################################^

"Wow, you're fast," Eun Ji said when So Joon came back after fifteen minutes. "Did you really take a bath?"

"I did," So Joon said taking a knife to help with the ingredients.

"Here," Eun Ji gave So Joon the ingredients he would peel and slice.

Watching So Joon focused intently on Eun Ji's instructions widened the smile on Ha Jin's face. He looked so innocent. It was as if Eun Ji was the oldest and not So Joon.

Eun Ji really did grow up well in this lifetime. He was not the brother that only knew how to play. He could be of more help to his brothers now, mostly to So Joon.

Ha Jin was enormously grateful that they could be normal brothers in this lifetime. They could bond on the kitchen instead of in the middle of the forest.

"I want to help too," a woman's voice had said and when Ha Jin looked at the entrance of the kitchen, she was again astounded seeing another familiar face.

It was Soon Deok.

"No, you can't!" Eun Ji strongly forbid her surprising Ha Jin and So Joon.