Let Her Go// Mitch

Mitch's POV

I knew that I shouldn't have come here. I knew that it was a trap. I knew that they were going to kill me the moment that I walked through the door.

But when I heard her voice over the radio, saying that if I didn't come to them, that they would kill her, I had to go. I couldn't live with the fact that her death would be on me.

As soon as I walked in the door, they grabbed my gun, pulling me to my knees. I was about to start fighting back when her voice came out, strangled and weak.

"Mitch, don't!"

I looked up, seeing y/n sitting there, a gun pressed against the back of her head, blood running down the side of her face, her lip busted as well. I pushed against the person that was holding me down as the butt of the gun hit y/n's head.

"Hey!" I yelled. "You said you wouldn't hurt her!"

"We knew that taking her would lead you right to us," their leader grinned. "Now, Mitch Rapp, that we have you, we don't need her anymore."

He pressed the gun against her head as she yelled out.

"No!" I yelled again. "You said you'd let her go!"

"Oh, how stupid of you, Rapp."

"I said let her go!"

I grabbed the gun of the one behind me, punching him out before shooting the others surrounding her. I shoved the gun into my waistband before kneeling in front of her, cutting the binds from her hands and feet.

She fell forward and into my arms, sobbing. I wrapped my arms around her, one going to her hair as I softly rocked us back and forth.

"You're okay." I whispered into her hair.

She pulled back, tears still rolling down her face. "Who are you?"

I chuckled lowly, furrowing my eyebrows. "What? You know who I am-"

"I know Mitch Rapp," she said, pulling away from my touch. "What you just did, Mitch wouldn't be able to do, who are you?"

"Y/n.."

"Who are you?"

"I'm a special assistant to the director of the CIA on counter terrorism." I whispered lowly to her.

"You're a spy?"

"Not exactly," I sighed, reaching out to her. "But yes."

She wrapped her arms around my neck, her body pressing against mine. She rested in my lap as she pulled back, pressing my lips against mine.

"I thought you were some trained assassin that was trying to kill everyone like in those movies."

"Yeah," I chuckled, looking away. "Definitely not that."

----------------------

i cannot update each day jesus i suck at everything