Y/n?// Stiles

You were just trying to help. You were just trying to do the right thing. Save your friends.

You didn't plan on getting hurt, you just wanted to help. 

As the bullet lodged itself into your chest, you fell against the rock, holding yourself up.

You blinked away the pain, trying your hardest not to close your eyes. A van pulled up with who you were assuming was Stiles, Scott, Derek, and Liam.

As the back doors opened and Stiles literally stumbled out, you laughed, choking on some blood.

"Y/n?" he asked, his eyes widening with shock. "What?"

"I know I'm not supposed to be here." You laughed, metallic filling your mouth.

He ran over to you, kneeling beside you. He examined you, looking for blood. You knew he found it when he sighed heavily before pressing into your side, waves of pain going over you.

"I thought you were home studying." He said to you.

You shrugged. "I lied."

"Y/n, you shouldn't be here."

"Look, I don't have claws or fangs," you said to him. "But I'm not stupid. I just wanted to help."

"There's a difference between giving a help hand and getting yourself killed."

"Well, it's obvious which one I am."

"Y/n," he said to you. "This isn't something to joke about."

Your vision started to blur and you were starting to fall asleep. "No, y/n, stay with me."

You opened your eyes, meeting the brown ones of Stiles. "I'm not going anywhere."

"Look, there's something I need to say before.." he trailed off before starting again. "I love you, y/n."

You struggled to keep your eyes open, but you listened as closely as possible. 

"I've loved you since I pulled your ponytail in the third grade, I've loved you since we ate cheese fries everyday for a month and then forced me to work out for a month," he said, making you smile. "I've been in love with you since the first time I met you, y/n. You're the best thing in my life, I love you, I love you so much."

"Stiles," you smiled, taking his hand tighter in yours. "You know that I love you."

Stiles' POV

Braeden pulled up in a truck, telling me to put her in the truck. That they were going to the hospital.

I obliged, putting her in the truck as she sped off. I held y/n between my arms, her blood staining my hands.

We pulled into the hospital and I carried her in, trying to tell them what happened. They took her into a room, closing the curtain.

I waited for who knows how long. I waited for almost three hours.

When the doctor came out and stood in front of me, I felt my heart drop.

"I'm sorry."

I buried my face in my hands as I cried. I tried so hard not to have a complete mental breakdown in front of everyone.

"Stiles Stilinski?"

I looked up, meeting the eyes of another doctor. 

"What's going on?" I asked, wiping my face.

"Y/n, she's alive."

I stood up. "What? A doctor just told me that-"

"I know, we're just really packed and names are being taken correctly," he said. "Come with me."

I followed him into a room, y/n was laying in bed, her y/h/c plastered over the pillow, her eyes closed.

"Thank you." I said to the doctor.

He nodded and closed the door, leaving me in this room with her. I sat down beside her bed, taking her hands in mine.

"I'm officially suing this hospital," I smiled, my thumbs brushing over her knuckles. "I thought you were dead."

She stirred and her eyes opened. She smiled. "I told you I wasn't going anywhere."

I looked up at her, smiling at her. "I waited for hours, y/n."

"You're still here, that's all that matters."

I stood up, looking at her. She smiled as I leaned down and pressed my lips against hers.

I pulled back, resting my forehead against her. "I love you."

"I love you, Stiles," she said, starting to fall back asleep. "Stay with me."

I sat back down, pressing my lips against her knuckles. "I'm not going anywhere."