She's Gone// Thomas

Thomas' POV

I sat outside the tent, my leg shaking like crazy. I played with my fingers in an attempt to get my mind off things, which in no way worked. There wasn't any way to get my mind off this.

Inside the tent, y/n was trying to be saved by the Doctors here at the Right Arm camp. She was shot by a stray bullet from WICKED. (apparently it's WICKED and not WCKD)

It had gotten infected on the way here and I was scared that I was going to lose her. As I waited, which was for hours, my mind drifted to our memories together.

"Look Greenbean, you might be cute but you ain't foolin' me." She said, her hands on her hips.

I chuckled softly, looking in her y/e/c eyes. "You think I'm cute?"

"That's very boyish of you." She rolled her eyes.

"You didn't answer the question."

"That's what I said, didn't I?" she said, turning around. "Stay outta the Maze, or next time, you answer to me."

I watched as she walked away, my eyes trailing down her body.

I smiled to myself, wiping a tear off my cheek. Those are one of the only memories I have with her.

"You might be a Runner, don't mean I can't outrun you." She sassed me.

"Wanna bet?" I smirked.

She twitched her head to the side, squinting her eyes. She suddenly turned away from me, running.

I laughed, getting up and running after her. She got about 50 yards away before I caught her, my arms wrapping around her waist.

She squealed, turning around, her arms wrapping around my neck. "What was that you said again?"

She rolled her eyes. "Fine, you win, what do you want?"

I pondered for a second before replying. "A kiss."

"Happily." She smirked before bringing her lips to mine. I closed my eyes, enjoying her lips on mine. She kissed me with such passion that made my arms wrap tighter around her waist, pulling her closer.

I pulled back, my forehead resting against hers. "Holy crap."

She giggled, her lips pressing against my nose. "You're not so bad, Tommy."

Someone came through the tent, wiping a dark crimson color from their hands that made my stomach twist.

I stood up, meeting their eyes for answers. He sighed heavily before resting a hand against my shoulder.

"Son," he said as I knew the answer. "She's gone."

"No," I said, taking a step back. "No."

I fell back into my seat, holding my head in my hands as I sobbed. "No."

As I sobbed, my mind drifted again.

She wrapped her arms around me tightly, hugging me close to her body.

"I don't wanna lose you, Thomas," she whispered against my ear. "I love you."

I pulled back, my eyes searching hers. It was the first time she told me she loved me. "Y/n-"

"This world is so cruel and so bad and they've taken everyone I love and I-I can't lose you," she said, starting to stutter. "There-there isn't me if there isn't you."

I leaned forward and kissed her softly, holding her fragile body in my arms. She's been so strong for the past year and this was the first time I've seen her break down and it was horrible.

"I'm not going anywhere," I said, kissing her forehead softly. "And I love you too."

She was gone. She was dead. I lost her, the one person I was sure I loved.

"Can I see her?" I said, my voice breaking.

"Son, that isn't a good ide-"

"Please, just for a second," I begged. "I didn't get to say goodbye."

He nodded before letting me inside the tent. She laid on the table, her shirt messily pulled down, blood covering the table.

I sobbed as I got closer to her, my hand finding hers. "Y/n."

I don't know why I thought she would respond. That her eyes would open and I'd see those beautiful y/e/c eyes. Hear her beautiful laugh.

I cried softly as my lips pressed against her knuckles. "I'm so sorry."

I felt a hand on my shoulder and knew it was time to go. I stood up, setting her hand on the table softly. 

I leaned forward, pressing my lips against her forehead one last time. "I love you."

I closed my eyes before turning away, leaving the tent.

A sudden feeling of anger rose over me, taking me by surprise. WICKED did this.

They killed the one person that I loved more than myself. I gritted my teeth as I balled my fists.

"Thomas," Newt asked, beside me. "What is it?"

I looked up at him, hot tears burning my eyes. "They did this."

He looked almost scared of me, but right now, I didn't care.

"They did this," I said again. "And they're gonna pay."

---------

ayeee i loved this chapter (although it hurt my soul) 

I started reading the fever code and holy fuck i'm plot twisted tf out of. I'm not gonna say what happened bc some of you haven't read it and i hate spoilers but-

LITTLE THOMAS, MINHO, AND NEWT ARE THE CUTEST THINGS I CAN IMAGINE