I Love You// Dave

You bobbed your head to the music, using your phone as a microphone.

"The story of my life, I take her home, I drive all night to keep her home and time is frozen!" You sang, the wind whipping through your hair.

"The story of my life, I give her hope, I spend her love until she's broken, inside the story of my life!" Dave sang, making you grin.

You two sang the rest of the song as the streets light passed, sending strings of light through the car.

You reached over, taking Dave's hand. He intertwined your fingers, making you smile. He pulled your hand up until his lips pressed against it.

"I love you." You smiled as he turned and looked at you.

You two finally got to your secret place, a giant rock in the middle of the woods. It was a warm summer night, the breeze a bit cool.

You grabbed a blanket from the back, Dave grabbing a basket a food.  It was nearly 2 in the morning.

You squealed as he chased you through the woods until you reached the rock. 

"Ready?" Dave asked, his hands finding your waist.

You nodded as he lifted you up, pulling yourself up and onto the rock. You took Dave's hand, helping him up.

You laughed as he dug through the basket, finding some food. 

The rock overlooked a lake, the moon shining off of it.

You pulled the blanket around one side, snuggling into Dave's shoulder, biting into an apple.

"There's nothing I love more than being snuggled into your shoulder, sitting on this rock." You smiled, looking up at your best friend.

Dave was your best friend, that you stopped denying was your boyfriend long ago. People just assumed and you let them. You've had feelings for Dave since forever, as have Dave, but what you've had has been so special was that it never came across as a priority.

"I love you too." He chuckled, making you look at him.

"Dave," you pleaded, your face in front of his. "I need you to kiss me."

"What?"

"You heard me, Hodgman."

He leaned forward, pressing his lips against yours. All the years that were building up to this, it felt so good to finally have his lips pressed against yours.

You kissed back, your hands going around his neck and into his hair.

"I am so in love with you." He grinned, kissing you again.

You smiled, snuggling into his shoulder, your forehead pressed against his neck, his fingers against the small of your back.

Dave lifted your hand, biting into the apple.

"Hey," you grinned. "Get your own."