Y/n// Stiles

Stiles' POV

I was doing late night research at the school library when the doors were pushed open and someone stormed in.

I was already in the back of the library, so I hid behind the shelves, listening to whoever was here.

"Goddammit! I'm so tired of this!" I peered around the shelf, seeing y/n pulling at the roots of her hair, her eyes red and puffy from crying.

She grabbed a chair, throwing it against a wall as she screamed again. "Y/n do this, y/n do that, how about you get off your lazy ass and do something yourself you worthless piece of shit!"

I was about to step out and start to talk about her when she yelled, swiping a pile of book of a table, screaming at the top of her lungs.

She collapsed onto the floor, sobbing heavily as she pushed her hands through her hair. I put the book back that I was pulling out before going over to her, leaning down and wrapping my arms around her.

She pulled away and turned away, I scared her. 

She stood up and wiped her face. "Stiles, what are you doing here?"

"It's a library, I was reading." I said, standing up.

"Well, I'm sorry, I'll go." She said, starting to go.

I reached out and grabbed her hand, stopping her. "Not until you tell me what's wrong."

She wiped her face. "You don't have to act like you care."

"No, I do care," I said softly. "Tell me what's wrong."

She sighed as she played with my fingers. "My dad's an alcoholic. He's always forcing me to do things like I'm his maid or something. I'm so tired of everything, Stiles."

"Come on, why don't you come home with me?"

"Stiles, you don't even know me." She shook her head.

"I've known you since the third grade, you're practically family," I smiled at her. "Now come on, let's put some ice on your hands before they start to swell."

She followed me out to my jeep and I drove her to my house and pulled her inside. I grabbed an ice pack from the freezer and sitting beside her on the couch, pressing the pack against her wrists and knuckles.

"My dad used to drink after my mom died," I said, wiping blood from her wrist. "It was a mess, but he was still my dad, I had to deal with it in an awkward way."

She suddenly leaned down and pulled me into a tight hug, her face digging into my neck. I chuckled, wrapping my arms around her as she scooted off the couch and into my lap.

"Thank you, Stiles."

She pulled back to look at me as I smiled. "It's no problem at all."

She leaned forward, kissing my lips softly before pulling back. "It really means a lot."

"C'mon, let's go get something to eat." I smiled, pulling her up.