Prologue

??'s POV

The security of the Casino palace was very high since we had stolen the treasure, so all the guards were looking for our team.

Everyone that was inside was looking around panicking. After all thieves were inside there. Our team has 9 people in it, and one of us went to be the bait. It wasn't just one of us. It was our leader, Joker, he was who wanted to go. I had to stay with the team escaping while he was doing all the hard work. We were 8 people escaping. As I was the co-leader I was in the front so I didn't know what was going on behind me. I mean, I believe 7 people can take care of weak shadows after all...

Everyone that was escaping was worried about Joker but I wasn't. I mean... I was but I didn't want to because I know what he is capable of and what he isn't. He usually doesn't do anything wrong but who knows?

"Good. Now get running!" A boyish voice was heard.

"This is our only chance!" A boy yelled.

"Stay calm! You can get away now!" A girl said.

Everyone was speaking to the leader while we were running. I was focusing on leading the team to the exit which was in front of us already. There was a door to the exit in the backwards and that was where we were heading. Since we were running on the step near the walls we had to jump. As I jumped down to get through the door, everyone jumped down too.

"Okay, we are safe already, now it's up to you Joker-" A girl said but was interrupted.

"Suspects... not... confirmed... hold... your... positions..." A transmition from the guards who were speaking about us was heard via hacking by the professional hacker on our team.

"What was that?" Our leader asked.

"Don't worry about us, just focus on getting away." Another girl said.

As everyone was speaking, I just stayed there listening to them without saying a word. To be honest, I wanted to be near Joker and I was thinking if that was the right thing to do.

"Guys, tell me something, is Shadow alright? I haven't heard her voice for a while..." Joker asked the team about me.

It was a bit strange, okay I know we are dating. Me, (Y/N) (L/N), and him Akira Kurusu. But still... He is quiet, he shows that he cares about me but only when we are alone. And after all, I am who shows it more but also only when we are alone because of our friends.

And something went through my mind, an answer to be exact. I had to go next to him. I couldn't just stay here knowing he could get caught. So, using one of my unique abilities, I had to go in the Shadows.

Behind me was just darkness and I just leaned to it and it was like I went inside the wall. First my head went inside. My (H/C) was floating as I entered since I was 'falling'. After my head the rest of my body went in. What I feel when doing this is like I'm going inside water but I am not floating, and I can still breathe there too.

"Hey, are you even listening to me?" Joker asked.

I heard his voice in a distance since I was in what I call the 'land of shadows'. Crappy name yeah I know but- Anyway that's not what matters. In the 'land of shadows' I can still hear and see everything and as Joker asked that my teammate looked back and realised I wasn't there.