The Three Sevens

You were in your bathroom, looking through the mirror. You still hadn't dressed completely, so all your scars and bruises were out in the open. You were redoing your bandages as the other ones were already worned out. Once you were done, you got your uniform on and got ready to leave. You got your phone and your bag.

You were afraid you'd wake up the adult at home, so you got out of there through shadows and got out of them in a dark alley where no one was. You made your way to the station, feeling down. You were still horrified with the events of the day before.

When you got there, Ryuji was at a vending machine. He seemed to be freaking out at the machine, you smiled at his frustrated figure. You got closer to him. He was still complaining when you put your arm around his upper back, resting your hand on his left shoulder.

"Need help?" You giggled, feeling better just by having him near you. He looked at you with a smile too. He nodded at your question. You told him to stretch his arm in order to make shade over his stuck bottle of water. Your hand went into the shadows and grabbed the bottle on the other side of the glass. You brought your hand back, bottle in hand and gave it to him. He looked amazed at your hand and then at you.

"Daaamn! And you never told me about those powers!?" He said as he grabbed the bottle. He put it inside his bag and pulled out his purple jacket for you. He gave it to your hands and closed the bag again. You placed your bag on the floor and put on the jacket. You felt comfy and safe once you pulled the zip up and made sure your hair wasn't stuck. You looked at Ryuji as he smiled at you as you had his jacket on.

You hugged him tightly and he hugged you back. You thanked him again and he smiled. He ran his hand through your locks.

"C'mon, let's go to school, tell me what happened on our way there, 'kay?" He said. You slowly let go of him and nodded. You got your bag on your shoulder again. You got in the subway and made your way to akasaka-mitsuke so you could transfer to ginza line and get to school. You found seats and started talking. "So, what happened?" Ryuji asked as he opened the bottle and drank water. You looked at him as he drank. "Want some?"

"You know we're not allowed to drink in here, don't you?" You said.

"Since when do you care? Just tell me what happened." He replied.

"You remember that bird that was with me in the Metaverse?" You started, that twisted image being shown in your head again, you jolted a bit. He nodded. "He's dead now..." You started to tear up. He got his arm around you and pulled you in for a hug. "I-" You were going to speak, but you couldn't. You just let a few tears escape your eyes until you calmed down. "I found his body in a package..." You said, not crying anymore, just sniffing. You soon reached the station you needed. You two went to catch the other line and got to the school. At the entrance, you saw Mishima, waiting for you. He had a sad expression on his face. When you two were close to him, you all greeted each other.

"Hey, Mishima-kun. What's wrong?" You asked as Ryuji still had his arm around you.

"You guys aren't worried about the expulsion? Kamoshida and everyone are looking at us sideways..." He replied. Ryuji was going to open his mouth when you were the one to answer him.

"We're all worried... I hope he changes his mind soon." You said. "What have you been doing lately?" You asked, trying to change the boring topic of the conversation.

"Nothing special really. What about you?" He seemed to lighten up.

"You know... Same old stuff, student counselor duties." You smiled at him. "See you around." You said.

You and Ryuji walked inside the building. In there, you found the rest of the group. Ryuji let go of you, but you still walked close to one another. You all greeted each other and planned to meet at the rooftop after classes had finished.