Calling Cards

You were all at school. You were all gathered at the courtyard since you were on a break between class periods. You were deciding whether or not you were going to the Metaverse on that day. The others were more than happy to go to that castle and destroy some Shadows, but you had to be careful... You didn't want to find out what would happen if you were late to go home.

"Hey guys..." You started as you bought a water bottle from the vending machine. They all looked at you. "I'll only be able to go to the Metaverse if we go during lunch time..." You stated, head low as you looked at the bottle in your hands.

"Why?" Ann asked, looking at you with a surprised look on her face.

"You gotta go home early, don't ya'?" Ryuji asked as he leaned on the vending machine, next to you as his eyes locked with your face.

"Yeah." You sat down on the table next to you. Akira was silent. Inspecting your expression. The bags under your eyes, how tired you seemed, was worrying him.

"Did you sleep well?" He asked. You shook your head sideways.

"I need to sleep, so I want to go home as quickly as possible." You stated.

They stopped questioning you. Ryuji understood it had something to do with that unspoken problem of yours, but Akira didn't know you were hiding something, so he couldn't link your behaviour to that.

"I think we can try at lunchtime." Morgana said as his head appeared outside of Akira's bag. The bell rang and you all had to return to your classrooms. You walked to it while drinking your bottle of water.

[TIME SKIP, LUNCHTIME]

You started going to the rooftop with the others to go to the Metaverse, but on your way there, you all encountered Kamoshida. He had a smile as he looked at you. "Where are you going, (L/N)-chan?" He asked.

"I'm going to my classroom."

"I'd rather have you all do community service instead." He stated with a mad frown on his face as he looked down on you all. You remained quiet. "The rooftop is a mess. Go clean it up." He told you. He went away and you were all left with that order.

"Dammit, I'm not cleaning the rooftop!" Ryuji yelled as he crossed his arms. You looked at him. "It was on purpose, Sakamoto-kun." You told him with a smile. Morgana popped up from Akira's bag and rested at his shoulder. "I see... It was your way of getting access to the rooftop, isn't that right?" The cat asked. You nodded as you all started going up the stairs. "But someone will have to actually clean it though..." Akira stated. "I'll just push the mess into to the shadows, don't worry." You replied.

'You were just lucky Kamoshida was going down the stairs...' Kurelin stated.

'I knew it. He always goes to his office by this time.' You told her. Kurelin didn't say anything back.

You all got to the rooftop. When you got there, you all dropped your bags on the table and then you went to the packages of dirt that were there and shoved them to the other world. "That's done. Now, someone get the app running." You said. Akira was the one to do what you asked.

The Meta nav activated and you appeared in the other world. You all went to where you had left off. As the distortion was getting stronger, the treasure was surely closer too. You all ran across the castle until you reached an area where there was a throne. You secretly went through a higher corridor so as not to be caught by the guards that were on the ground floor patrolling. You ran to the other side of the gigantic room and found a big wooden door. You stopped running holding your head in pain as the others kept on going. "Hey, Shadow... Is the distortion too much for you?" Mona asked as he got next to the door. You nodded. "Yeah, but let's get the route over with... Then we just need the calling card." You stated. Mona nodded and you all opened the big door. You entered a treasure room, full of gold, chests, normal things for a room as such in a castle, one particularity was a concentrated white mist in the form of a circle. "What's that?" Panther asked. "That's our treasure." Mona said. "But it's nothing!" Skull yelled. "At least for now." You said. "Does it have anything to do with the so-called calling card?" Joker asked. You and Mona nodded at the same time.