Got you cornered, shadow!

[The next day, lunch time]

The two boys were sitting on a bench. Ryuji sighed as he tried coming up with something to do. Akira was just looking at what was in front of him, a neutral expression plastered on his face. Ryuji waved his hand in front of Kurusu's face and the transfer student looked at him. 

"Don't space out like that dude. It's weird." He said as he leaned on the wall behind them with both his eyes closed.

"I've been wondering..." He started. Ryuji opened one of his eyes and looked at him with a questioning expression on his features. "Who's that shadow girl from the Metaverse?" Akira asked as he looked to his front again.

"Who knows... It could be anyone in this country." He replied calmly. Akira looked at the student counsellour.

"She's from our school, I'm sure of it... We just need to think a bit." Ryuji got up and got in front of the boy who was talking to him.

"Dude, even if she's from our school... Do you have any idea of how many girls are there in this school?" He asked. "But... If we think... Maybe we can get to know who it is! Great idea!" He said smiling. At first, he was acting as if he had no hope, but he changed rapidly and got his hopes high. "We just got to look for someone with a (H/c) ponytail, right?" Kurusu nodded. "Do you remember the eye colour?"

"I do... But you noticed that she had different eye colours, right? First, her eyes were one colour, and then they were another colour." Ryuji sighed. They tried to think of more details. Surprisingly, Sakamoto reminded himself of what you used to hold your hair up in a ponytail.

"She had a yellow... string? To use on her ponytail." He stated. He sat next to him once again. "Urgh... It could be from her clothes in there..." He sighed. Akira didn't think it'd be that.

Akira placed his hands on his legs as he looked over every girl that was on that hallway. No one seemed to match who they were looking for. With a mask and being able to change appearance, it wasn't helping...

"We're huge idiots! What about her raspy and deep voice?" Ryuji yelled. Everyone stared at them for some seconds, but then went back to what they were doing.

"Ever heard someone with that voice?" Akira leaned on the wall as he asked so. Ryuji looked at the floor with his hands on his pockets.

"N-no..." He replied. Akira knew that the voice you used in the Metaverse wasn't your real one. Especially after hearing a word with your real voice in the velvet room. "Forget it for now. We'll need to learn more about her when we return to the Metaverse." He said. Akira agreed with him but he remained concerned with that thought on his mind for a while.

Two hours passed by and there was only one more class until the end of the school day. It was the last break, it lasted fifteen minutes. You wanted to go to the Metaverse for those fifteen minutes. You could walk to where you left off the last time you were in the castle by yourself and you could explore it a little bit more, even if little. You were on the first floor, where the third years have classes, and started going to the rooftop. While you were going upstairs, you were putting on your ponytail hairstyle for the Metaverse.

"I still don't know who shadow might be." You heard softly, you didn't even know how you were able to hear that sentence. It was from the blond boy who was mumbling in a distance of two classrooms between you, with tons of students making noise too. He began texting as you continued on walking towards the rooftop.

You just heard Ryuji's voice, but he noticed you making a ponytail that was exactly the same as the one that shadow/you wore in the Metaverse. He looked at you carefully. You were using a yellow string to tie your hair, the same as the Metaverse... and those (H/c) locks... They were the same.