The Celebration Party

The next few mornings, Akira and I helped Sojiro with his coffee shop. It seems our school appeared on the news because of what happened to Kamoshida. Not that it was surprising for us, those who knew what was going on, but it sure was a surprise for the people outside. Akira and Morgana went to sell the gold medal while I spent some time with Sojiro, helping out and all and spent time at Ryuji's now that I was finally free to do so. We played some video games and read some manga together. It was nice, but nothing felt the same... Not since Akira and I started dating. Nothing felt the same with Ryuji anymore... And that hurt me. Not that it was his or my fault. I knew I still felt something for him, I respected him more than anything, admired him and was sure I had a tiny crush on him, but since the day we started going to the Metaverse together, my feelings for Akira prevailed and overshadowed the ones for Ryuji for some reason.

This year had just started and was already being a roller coaster.

As the sun started setting and darkness started claiming the sky, I left Ryuji's house and returned home. I was almost at LeBlanc when Akira and I bumped into each other. I lifted my head to look at him and saw he was holding a package and seemed confused about something. "What's that?" I asked as we started walking to LeBlanc together.

"A gun." He stated bluntly. My eyes widened as I looked at him and the smirk that started showing itself on his lips. Morgana then jumped from his bag and leaned on his right shoulder.

"Don't worry though, it's only a model." He said. I sighed. We walked inside LeBlanc and went upstairs to our room. Ann phoned them and they stayed chatting while I stayed with Morgana, petting him and teasing him until Akira hung up and sat on his bed and we joined him. "Finally a decent meal! A restaurant chosen by Lady Ann!" Morgana's tail waved around happily. "What do you guys think we're going to eat?" He asked us. Akira and I exchanged looks.

"Maybe sushi?" Akira answered as he scratched the back of his neck.

"Well, knowing Ann through what Ryuji has told me... I believe it will be somewhere with a lot of desserts." I giggled as I replied.

"Then I'm looking forward to it!" Morgana said happily. We then went to sleep, making sure we'd have enough energy to enjoy our meal the next day.

I took some time to fall asleep. I was looking at all the bruises I had. I felt so safe now that I was far away from that bastard, but he could be doing anything to Akechi now that I was gone. I was feeling guilty about running, but it had to be done. I looked at Akira who was already fast asleep. "Once we're all ready... I want to end his Palace." I whispered, determined. I wanted them to keep on wanting to work as Phantom Thieves, but that was their choice to make.

[5 May, Daytime]

We were all at the restaurant. It was a buffet. We had a big table just for us four and Morgana. Ann was sitting at one of the sides of the table, on a couch just for her. Akira was sitting on a double couch with Morgana beside him and Ryuji was facing Ann. I was sitting on the same couch as Akira, next to Ryuji. 

It was a first for me to eat at a buffet and eating in public with a group of friends. They had all grabbed tons of food while I only got a small plate with a few things. The food was delicious and everyone agreed on that note.

"So, I heard the police are going to interview some people at school." Ann stated as she muffled a piece of cake in her mouth. We all looked at her while we ate.

"That's troublesome." Morgana said. "Especially for you, (Y/n), since you used to be the student counsellor."  He looked at me with his blue cat eyes.

"Our names are gonna come up for sure. People're spreadin' all sorts of rumors about us and Kamoshida..." Ryuji added.

"Don't worry, I'll work my way around them if it comes to that." I told them. Silence ruled our table as we ate some more. Ryuji broke it by telling us all that some people had started talking about the Phantom Thieves, believing they actually exist. Obviously most didn't believe that, but there were people, defenceless victims, that were actually grateful for what we had done. He then showed us his phone. "Oh, I've seen it! That's the Phantom Aficionado Website, isn't it?" I asked with a smile while Ann and Akira looked at it with a raised eyebrow. Ann started reading some of the comments that were on the site.