At Arm's Length (Izuki Shun One-Shot)

Depuis le début

“Changing the subject, neh Yuki-chan?”

“Owh no I am not!”

“The Dandere being Tsundere, huh?” He then headlocked me between his muscular biceps and triceps

“OWH U STAHP!!!” I responded by playfully nudging his side, to which he just laughed because Teppei is actually ticklish at that part.

- Izuki POV -

I was casually doing my duty in the practice game between the seniors and juniors as the Point Guard. The team were doing very well so do I. Not until I saw something that made me fail, passing the ball to the opponent.

“Oi Izuki!!! Focus!!!” Hyuga hollered above me, probably about to enter his clutch time.

“Gomen Hyuga…” I responded weakly, feeling that I lost a lot of energy inside.

I saw Kiyoshi casually sitting beside Haruna. At first they were just talking, laughing here and there. They look straight into each other’s eyes whenever the two talk, to which I can’t manage when I am with Haruna. I don’t know why.

It was really fine Kiyoshi talking to Haruna, but there are times that I felt something uncomfortable inside of me. Like now, where Kiyoshi gently head locked Haruna between his arms and harshly ruffling her hair at the process. Haruna responded nudging Kiyoshi’s side, which turned Teppei into a laughing mess as it tickled him good time.

I might be watching too much that when ball went coming to me, I didn’t notice it and it landed straight to my face, which caused my nose bleed big time, it also left a slight bruise.

- Haruna POV –

Teppei and I were still messing around each other when I noticed everyone inside a court gather around a lying figure on the wooden floor. Teppei and I stared at each other and decided to join in. What I saw made me panic and angry. Tick marks growing in my temples.

“Oi Izuko no Baka!!! What the hell happened to you and your friggin eagle eye you- argh!!! Let me get some ice and first aid kit!” And yes, of course I am still worried for my bestfriend slash long time love.

Even though he turned down the affection long ago. I stomped to the room where the stuffs I am supposed to get are in. I rummaged through the freezer and got some ice pack and a bucket full of ice. I also grabbed the first aid kit and made my way to the court once again.

The practice game resumed but now Izuki was benched and holding his bleeding nose, facing the ground with some tissues for he not to stain the poor wooden floor.

“Oi Izuki no Baka, let me see it.” I lifted his face up and removed his hand holding it.  He flinched as I held his hand, he stared at me and a dust of pink adorned his fair face. Then he looked to his side, breaking the eye contact.

I shrugged off unnecessary thoughts and made him face me by holding his cheeks. “Owh it’s bleeding non-stop un? For now here’s a new pack of tissue and place this ice bag near your nose. Then I’ll treat this bruise.”

He might be a grown up teen boy now, but he won’t really change in my eyes. He’s still the lame pun-joker, yet the most gentleman and kind Izuki Shun I’ve known.

Izuki POV

Practice was over, and as usual Haruhi told me she’ll wait for me to get changed and we’ll walk home together. I’ve got used to it, but for some reasons, right after we won against Kirisaki Daichi and she worriedly attended to Kiyoshi’s wounds (of course together with Riko) I felt… something inside… like it was aching… but I don’t know how to say it exactly…