Crash pt.2

"Um, I'm your girlfriend Lauren. Why are you doing this?" I try to grab her hand but she pulls away sharply, a frown appearing on her face.

"Why are you doing that? I have no idea who you are or what I'm doing here." She waves to all the machines she's hooked up to. "I just wanna talk to Shawn, my boyfriend."

My mouth drops even further to the ground as she mentions her ex's name. My eyebrows furrowed in disbelief. I see Ally walk out of the room, presumably to find a doctor but my eyes are trained on Y/N, who is trying every excuse not to look at me. I look back at Dinah and Normani, who give me puzzled looks.

"Y/N, please. I'm your girlfriend, not Shawn. He broke up with you 2 years ago." I tried to explain the situation with Y/N but she kept shaking her head, ignoring everything I was saying. I was about to say something else when the doctor walked in the room, Ally shortly behind him. He checked Y/N's vital signs, twisting some tubes and pressing what seemed to be random buttons on the machines. Checking Y/N's chart, he started shaking his head. "What's going on Doc?"

"Y/N seems to be quite fine physically. She has a few cuts and cruise but she knocked her head on the road hard when she was hit and there seems to be a bit of brain damage." I nod my head and explained the situation we had gone through minutes before. "Yes...yes that is quite common. Most victims of amnesia tend to regain their memories between an hour and a couple of days. Just keep trying to jog her memories and eventually it will come back...hopefully."

"Hopefully?" Dinah and Normani both exclaim simultaneously. The doctor nods his head and further explains what he meant but I had already zoned out and was focusing on Y/N, who was picking at a loose thread on her gown.

"Y/N, you have to believe me, please. Remember when we first met? We were walking on the street and I ran into a pole? You started laughing, causing you to also walk into the same pole?" Memories came flashing in my head as I tried to hold onto her hand once again. "I had that egg on my head for a week? What about when we went tubing at that river down south and you being the clumsy person you are tipped the tube and we nearly got swept up in the current?"

"I still have no idea who you are, but tell me more things about me. I'm curious." My mouth opened in shock as her mood had changed dramatically. Before the doctor came in she was ignoring me but now she wanted me to tell her about herself? "What? You obviously seem like you care about me and that must mean we knew each other."

And so, I did. I spent the next 3 hours by her hospital bed telling her stories about our relationship, all the good times and all the bad time. The girls took turns in watching and joining in on the conversation and as each minute passed, Y/N was becoming more uplifting, but sadly she still could not remember who we were.

"Sorry ma'am, but visiting hours are now over. You can come back at 8 tomorrow morning." A nurse poked her head in before leaving me alone. The girls had left half an hour ago, agreeing that they would meet again in the morning. I grabbed my things and was about to walk out the door when I turned back to Y/N, who looked like she was about to doze off.

"Guess I'll see you in the morning then." I rubbed my upper arm and adjusted my jumper.

"You too." She lifted an arm to wave but couldn't quite get there and I smiled. Her eyes were closing, so I took that as a sign to leave.

"I love you."

*******************

I only got a couple of hours of sleep that night, my thoughts to occupied with Y/N to even think about sleeping. When my alarm woke me up at 8, I groggily slapped the clock and sat up. It took a second to remember what happen and when it did, I felt like my heart was falling out of my chest. But nonetheless, I got up and made my way to the hospital, because what good is it to Y/N if I don't help?

The drive to the hospital was short and quiet, the sounds of Lana Del Rey's Blue Jeans in the faint background. As I hum to the goddess's voice, I pull up in a free car space and trudge to the entrance. As I walk past reception, I give the ladies a small smile which they reciprocate. The smell of cleaning supplies fill my nose and I twitch slightly, the smell a little too much for me. The handle to Y/N's door was icy cold and it sent shivers up my arm but I persisted anyway.

I poked my head in the door to check if Y/N was awake, which she wasn't. So, I closed the door behind me quietly and sat on one of the chairs beside the bed. I looked over at Y/N, who was sleeping peacefully underneath the covers that nearly submerged her in the big bed. I stared at her eyelids, her nose, her lips. I stared at every place of Y/N's face until she started to stir.

"Hey, Y/N," I say softly, as Y/N started to open her eyes. They blinked a couple of times, her eyes adjusting to the lights of the room, then settling on me. She lazily gives me a smile and brings her hands up to her face to rub her eyes. "How are you feeling?"

"Fine babe, why do you ask?" Suddenly I choke on a bit of saliva in my mouth as my brain tries to register what she said. "The question is, are you okay?"

"Ah, yeah...what did you call me?"

"I called you babe. What's gotten into you?" Her eyebrows furrowed in confusion as I continue to decipher her words. She grabs my hand and squeezes it, snapping me out of my amazement.

"You remember me? What's my name?'

"Lauren, silly." The corner of my mouth rises in excitement, and I start to get jumpy in my seat. "Why would I have forgotten?" At that moment, the door opens and Normani, Dinah and Ally walk in, carrying a bouquet of flowers. They look over at us, my mouth still open in awe and Y/N's face radiating confusion.

"What's going on guys?" Dinah asks, coming closer to the bed. I give her the 'look' and suddenly Dinah's also jumping around. "Does she remember?" Normani and Ally's head shoot up and they literally run to Y/N's side.

Y/N is still confused at the commotion so all of us explain what had happened in the past 24 hours. But as we finished, she started giggling, leaving us as the ones confused. "What are you laughing?"

"I don't know, you guys I guess." She puts a hand up to her mouth to contain the giggles and in seconds she's back to a serious face. She looks down and plays with the threads of her sheets. "But before that... accident happened, I remember the fight we had." My face instantly turns pale and I swallow the lump that was forming in my throat. "And... I just want to forget about it, honestly. This was punishment enough."

I instantly pull Y/N in close and tightly squeeze her in relief. "Thank god I am so sorry."

"Now, how are we going to get you out of here?"

A/N

So I've been putting this chapter off for a long time because I wanted it to be perfect but you guys had waited enough so I just wrote it. The ending was rushed a little bit but yeah haha. 

I official had my last day of the term today but now I have to sit 4 exams so I'm kinda stressing lmao. Give me some suggestions for chapters and when I finish my exams next week I'll write some. I wanna know what you guys like!

Peace, Jada.