Wrong number

Your day couldn't have gotten any worse. It started with a late wake up which resulted in getting yelled at by your boss in front of the whole store. You had to deal with rude customers and didn't get lunch because of it. It didn't matter though because you only had half a day, after you tripped over the storage boxes and fell on your face. Now, you were driving home with a bruised eye and a bad temper. All you wanted to do was go home and watch tv snuggled up in a pile of blankets. You were then going to order takeout and call in sick the next day. It was all going to plan when you walked through the door and into your apartment. You threw your bag down onto the floor and grabbed the phone, dragging yourself to the couch, where you lazily spread yourself out.  You quickly punched in the number of your best friend, desperate to vent about your day. On the third ring she answered, but you have no time for her to say hello.

"Omg Y/F/N you would not believe the day I've had. First of all I woke up late. Then I got yelled at by my boss in front of everyone. Not to mention the rude customers for gods sake. Then I tripped and fell over and my eye hurts really badly. I'm at home right now about to order takeout for lunch and watch television. You in?" The line was silent for a few seconds as you waited for a reply. "Y/F/N you there?"

"Um this isn't Y/F/N sorry." A raspy voice addressed you. You seized up, realising that you had just told a stranger about your very awful day. She probably didn't even want to know about it. You were about to speak but then she spoke again. "But it seems like you're having a rough day. I could come over instead?"

"But-who are you?" You stutter into the receiving end of the phone.

"Oh yeah sorry, I'm Lauren Jauregui. You still up for the offer?" You were silent for a moment in disbelief. Lauren Jauregui? Member of Fifth Harmony? "Hello?"

Realising she was still actually there you hold the phone back up to your ear. "Yeah I'm here. That would be great. I'll text you the details?" She replies with a short ok and then you hang up and text Lauren your address. You then start to panic as you realise what you've done.

"Lauren Jauregui is coming to MY house? But it's a mess!" You start to clean up around the house, putting the dirty plates in the dishwasher and picking up rubbish off the floor. When there was nothing on the floor, you lay down on the couch and wait impatiently for Lauren to show up.

It wasn't until 20 minutes later that the doorbell rung. You were playing on your phone, not realising until the doorbell rung again that someone was actually there. You run to the door and open it, telling yourself to act cool. And there she was; wearing jeans and a band t-shirt. Her hair was pulled up into a ponytail, showing off the multiple ear piercings that she had. Her lips were a dark shade of red and her eyeliner was crumbling a tiny bit in the corners. You look down at her hands to see that she had a bag of groceries.

"Hey, come in." You welcome her into your apartment with the wave your arm and she follows through, stopping in the hallway to take off her shoes. She turns around slowly afterwards and stands there awkwardly, not knowing what to do. "I don't know what to do now." You giggle nervously as Lauren gives you a warm smile. Walking up to you, she examines your eye, which has now swollen slightly more than before. She lifts her hand up to lightly stroke it, your eyes following her.

"Does it hurt?" She asks, concern written all over her. You shrug than nod your head, not wanting to make a big deal about it. "Well that's okay because I brought ice cream and biscuits. I hope that makes your day a bit better."

"You just being here makes everything better." You state. "Lets go and watch some movies." She follows you to the lounge room and for the rest of the day, you argued over what movie you were going to watch and who was going to have the last biscuit.

A/N
Happy holidays everyone, I hope you spend the time with your family and friends.