Jealous/Fight

3:05pm

Lauren was supposed to be here 35 minutes ago. You were planning to have an afternoon picnic today but Lauren hasn't shown up to meet you. You had already laid the blanket out at your favourite spot. The food was out, slowly collecting flies. It was quiet upsetting really. This was going to be the first time in months that you were going to hang out.

Lauren was currently working on a duo album with ex-band member Camila Cabello. She had been in the recording studio all day for the past 3 months working hard. You weren't particularly mad at the all the time she spent there rather than who she was with. Over the multiple occasions you had met Camila, she had been flirting with Lauren. It wasn't even subtle; it was like she wanted everyone to know. And the worst part? Lauren didn't even make a move to stop it, she would just laugh it off and move on. Maybe she was late because she was still with her, even though she asked her manager to let her off early. You were deep in thought when a figure appeared in front of you and sat down.

"Sorry I'm late babe, we lost track of time and-." She was cut off by yourself, anger ringing through your tone.

"I don't care, really. Let's just eat." You pick up a piece of sandwich and shove it in your mouth, relieving you from any conversation. The next couple of minutes went in an awkward silence, as you keep shoving food in your mouth. It wasn't until there was no food left that Lauren talked again.

"I'm actually sorry. Camila and I were-."

"Do you love Camila or something? Because whenever you're home, all you talk about is her; you spend all day with her and she always tries to flirt with you and you do NOTHING about it!" Lauren is speechless as you rage on but you're not finished. Only being silent to pull a picture up on phone, you continue to talk. "What about this? 'Lauren Jauregui and Camila Cabello caught hanging out near LA nightclub. Could love be in the air?' This was posted just before when you were supposed to be HERE WITH ME!" Your voice cracks slightly at the raise of your anger. Lauren just sits there, unsure of what to do or say, her face turning a light shade of red.

"Camila? Babe, nothing's going on I swear. We're just good friends." Lauren tries to explain herself but you shake your head vigorously.

"Friends? More like fuck buddies! We have spent no time together in the past 3 months because you've been with her! I don't even remember the last time you said you LOVED me!" Your voice cracked more and your bottom lip quivered with each word. You rose from your spot on the blanket and started to walk away. If you stayed there any longer, you might have cried.

"Wait, where are you going?" Lauren cried out in surprise. You hear her get up and follow you. At that moment, you slowly turned to face her and hold out your hand to stop her.

"If you really love me Lauren, just leave me alone, please." You softly say, the words barely leaving your mouth. It made Lauren stand still, tears forming in her eyes. Once again you turned and walked away, not looking back.

You raced home to the comfort of your room and locked the door behind you. Crashing onto the bed, tears start to race down your face uncontrollably. You were feeling unloved and abandoned, a lonely spirit in a big world.

You don't know how long you cried for, but after a while, you fell asleep sobbing. When you awoke, the sky was dark and filled with stars. A cold wind was coming through the window that made you shiver; so you closed it. You still felt empty inside, like something was missing. Of course, Lauren. You were still mad at her for the Camila incident but you were also craving the feeling of touch, of lovely tenderness. You take a deep breath into the smell of freshly cooked food.

"What's that?" You think to yourself as you look around the room. Laying on the bed, near where you slept was a plate full of nachos, your favourite food. The smell was wafting through your nostrils, which make you full with warmth. "Damn Lauren, why do you have to do this?"

Making sure that Lauren wasn't watching through the crack of your bedroom, you start to eat the nachos and in a couple of minutes, the plate was clean. You were drained from crying but you didn't think you were that hungry. It also gave you time to think; were you overreacting? It seemed like a big deal at the time, as you were very overprotective of Lauren but really, she had to hang out with Camila. They were music partners.

You decided it was best for you to apologize to Lauren for overreacting and forget about the situation, seeing as you just wanted to spend time with her. You walk down the stairs slowly, keeping an eye out for where Lauren was; you found her on the couch. She was watching the start of a movie and was enwrapped in a blanket. Walking around the side of the couch, you sit down next to her and lay yourself under the blanket with her.

"I'm sorry for overreacting." You apologize, looking up to meet Lauren's eyes. It is filled with warmth and comfort. She smiles and brings you closer.

"No, I'm sorry for not hanging out with you. I promise to never leave you alone again." She whispers in your ear. "Want to watch this movie?" She points to the TV, which is playing some romance genre.

"Yeah sure." Dipping into Lauren's neck, you settle your eyes on the screen. "Love you."

"Love you too babe."