Goodbye

A/N

No I am not leaving. This is an update. Continue.

You can feel the blood seeping through your shirt, the hole wedged between the flesh of your stomach. The once white shirt was stained dark red and was ripped on the edges. I just brought this yesterday. You think to yourself, a bit upset by the waste of money.

As you lay on the ground, your back leaning against a metal bin your breath begins to quicken. You are losing to much blood and too fast. There was no way you could make it to the hospital, so you didn't even attempt to move. It was a shame how it happened, you thought you would die heroically, instead of mundanely.

The cold air whipped the back of your legs as you walked down the street. Even though it was mid-day, the temperature was below freezing. It was stupid of you to go walking without the comfort of warm clothes and now you were rubbing your arms in search of warmth.

The quiet sound of footsteps stopped you in your path, the streets empty. You look behind your back, but there was no one there. It wasn't until you continued to walk that the footsteps also continued.

You choose to ignore the noise and walk a bit faster. But not for long. Suddenly you were grabbed from behind and dragged into the compacted alleyway. Thrown to the ground, you landed hard on your back.

"Where is the money Y/N." An older man's voice grumbles in obvious anger. It takes you a second to adjust to the sudden darkness but as soon as you did you recognize the man. Nando, the lead gang man of the notorious gang XXX. Locally known a pain in the ass, but to you, the most terrifying group to come across. You have had some run-ins with them over the years but it had been forgotten until now.

"What the hell man? I gave it to you ages ago!" You protest but the older man shakes his head in disagreement.

"You gave me half of it, I want the other half. Now."

Chills ran down your spine and you gulp slightly in fear. You knew you didn't give him the money, and that you couldn't. You ran away for a reason, but it had only come back to bite you in the ass. You reach into your pockets and return with a couple crumpled up pieces of money. You shove it in his direction and he takes it, counting it.

"This is only $7."

"I know, but it's all I have at the moment. I promise I can get you more soon." Your voice cracked ever so lightly as you watch him tower over you. Nando pulls his hand behind his back and grabs something from the lower pocket. Watching him with intent, he pulls out a knife, about the size of your hand. He brings it closer to you until it is wedged under your neck, constricting your ability to breathe.

"You know what happens when someone doesn't pay their debt do you, Y/N?" You shake your head as he continues. "They die." In a quick motion, Nando releases the knife from under your neck and sticks it into your stomach. "Goodbye Y/N."

That was 5 minutes ago and your stomach was turning to mush, or it felt like that anyway. Picking up your mobile phone that fell from your pocket moments before, you dial your girlfriend Lauren's number. You take another deep breath to calm yourself before she picked up. On the third ring, that familiar raspy voice filled your ear with joy.

'Hey babe, what's up?" She asked, her voice filled with happiness.

"Oh nothing really just wanted to know how you were." You lied, wanting to keep Lauren's last memory of you a happy one.

"Well I just finished recording my parts for the day so I'm going to head out to get lunch then head home and sleep." You can hear her laugh as she continues to tell you about the events of her day, while you were still on the ground, bleeding to death.

"Well, I love you babe, just remember that okay?" You tell her. Your eyes were tearing up and a lump had formed in your throat. This was your last moment with her and that made you devastated.

"Okay, I love you too babe. Bye." She hung up the phone and you were left were the dial tone. Your eyes were starting to feel heavy and your limbs also so you let your head dip and relax. Moments later, as you were struggling to stay awake, you whisper one last sentence.

"I love you...Lauren."