Finding out the gender of the baby

"ARE YOU READY!' Lauren yells in your ear, causing you to violently shake awake. Lauren is centimeters away from your face and you can feel her hot breath on your cheek. Today is the day you and Lauren find out the gender of the baby. Lauren has been jumping off the roof for the past week and asking you at every chance. You're actually glad you find out today because you wouldn't had made it another day without snapping at her.

"Good morning to you too." You kiss her on the lips and she climbs off you, before kissing your stomach. "I love it when you do that." She giggles, bouncing slightly on her toes. You slowly push yourself up and check the clock on your beside table.

8:15 am. Your appointment was at 11.

With Lauren's help getting up, since your body was still waking up, you make your way to the kitchen to reveal a humongous buffet. you gasp and wrap your arms  around her waist.

"It looks beautiful! how do you know how to cook?" You laugh as Lauren crosses her arms, pretending to be upset.

"Shut up and eat your breakfast." She smirks, shoving a piece of toast in her mouth.

Two and a half hours later, you and Lauren had finished breakfast and gotten ready to go. The trip from here to the hospital was 20 minutes,as it was on the other side of town. You are just about to walk out of the house when Lauren runs off. She returns moments later and you give her a weird look. She pulls out a small teddy bear in a yellow shirt.

"It's for good luck. Either way; boy or girl, I'm going to love it to death." She blushes in embarrassment and takes your hand. the teddy bear is squashed in between your entwined hands and you laugh to yourself, hoping that Lauren doesn't treat your real kid like this. Lauren starts the engine and drives off, one hand on the steering wheel and the other on your thigh.

"Okay, I'm talking to you little guy-or girl, whatever," She begins,her hand now rubbing your stomach. Her eyes are focusing on the road. "I want you to know you're going to be the biggest thing in my life and I can't wait. I hope you bring life into this world and I'm so happy but to be honest? I'm really scared, can you help me with that? I'll tell you a secret." She looks at you and nudges to cover your ears. "I love your mother, like ALOT. Don't tell her that." You uncover your ears and give her a kiss on the cheek as she pulls into the car park.

"I love you too." You reply, your stomach filling with flapping butterflies. You unbuckle your seat belt and make your way across the car park, Lauren's hand entwined with yours. The double doors that stood between you and the gender of your baby felt almost too real.

"Hi, My girlfriend is here for her next appointment for the baby." Lauren steps towards the counter and gives the lady the appropriate information, while you walk off to find a seat. Lauren sits down next to you moments later and the pair of you wait for the doctor. "I'm so proud of you babe."

"Aw, so am I!" You reply, digging your face into her shirt, smelling her perfume. The waiting room was quiet, only a elderly couple by the corner and a mother with her child a couple of seats away. The kid looked about 5 months old and as it was looking over at you, you put your hand up to wave. The kid giggles and gave you a big smile.

"Y/N Y/LN?" The doctor calls out. You follow her through the big door and down a series of corridors, almost like a maze. You finally reach a small room and the doctor holds the door out for you. Thanking her, you lie down on the bed and Lauren takes a seat on one side of the bed and the doctor takes the other side. She grabs the gel and a stick like machine and waves it around in front of you.

"Okay now, this is going to be cold so watch out." You lift up your shirt to reveal the small lump growing and the doctor puts the gel on smoothly. You jump at the coldness, but quickly regain composure as the coldness subsides. As the stick rolls around your tummy, your eyes are glued to the screen, watching for anything.

"I can't look, tell me instead." Lauren says, turning her head. Suddenly, you see the small body and you gasp. As fast as she turned her head, Lauren whipped back around to look at the screen.

"It's looks like a girl to me, congratulations!" The doctor exclaims, smiling at you. You can't help but beam with excitement, Lauren squeals and squeezes your hand hard, crushing your fingers. "And she's got a steady heartbeat and looks pretty healthy to me. Would you like me to print out a copy for you?" Both Lauren and yourself jokingly stare at the doctor, like you obviously wanted one. 

While the doctor was at the printer and you were wiping the cream off your tummy, Lauren was prancing around the room like a three year old. You have never seen a bigger smile on her face and that made your so incredibly happy. Beckoning her to clam down and come here, you kiss her deeply and laugh into her face. 

"I love it when you're like this" You giggle, kissing her nose. 

"Well I love it when you're pregnant with our baby girl."

A/N

Hey! I'm back, long time no see. I'm sorry for the long wait but I keep forgetting to write because I've been reading Trials and Tribulations and it's great! I'm hopefully going to update my other book in the next week so be patient please? Thank you and love you all!

QOTD;

Favourite song of 7/27?