Nightmares

You wake up covered in sweat, and look around the room and find your clock. 4:30am. Not another nightmare, it's the third one you're had this week.
------
You are running through the forest, heart pumping and covered in sweat. You want to turn around and see what it is that is chasing you but you can't. You just need to keep running. You end up at a small house, and you hear a small voice yelling, but the voice is muffled. You recognise that voice. It's Lauren's. You run into the house, looking for comfort but instead find Lauren chained up, and blood oozing out of a hole in her stomach. She's screaming for help and you rush over to help her. But your legs have turned to stone, and you can't move them. Lauren screams louder, losing more blood by the second. You scream out to her, but nothing is happening, your voice is gone as well. Lauren's face slowly turns ghostly white as her eyes start to close. She goes limp against the chains and suddenly you feel your legs again. But it is too late. Lauren, your love, your saviour, is dead. You scream for dear life as blackness takes you out of the dream.
-------
'What's wrong?' A concerned looking Lauren asks, her hair tousled against the pillow. You take a deep breath of relief and turn around to kiss her.

'Just another nightmare, that's all.' You mumble, and dig your head in her shoulder. You feel her hand trace patterns on your back as she tries to comfort you. You fall back into a sleep, this time with no nightmares.