Brainiac

"Who can tell me the answer to number 1?" The teacher yells, trying to overpower the room of talking teenagers. The girl in front of you shoots her hand up in the air and waves it about impatiently.

"Miss? The answer is 17." The teacher nods in approval and the girl puts her hand down proudly. You lean forward in your chair to look over her shoulder, where all her pens and books are in straight lines, the words on her page neatly scribbled in multiple colours. 

"Goody goody here." You tell yourself, as the girls keeps answering question after question. It wasn't her fault really, just that no one else was putting their hand up. The boys in the back were throwing paper balls to each other and the girls were gossiping.  It was practically only you and her that were actually listening. Maths was your favourite subject, as you can deep further and further into equations and formulas without ever surfacing again. You were on the maths team, which had three consecutive wins and therefore, not really being a part of the 'social' train.

The lesson went on with the girl in front answering all the questions, and no one else listening. You decided it was time to compete. When the teacher asked the next question, you instantly shot your hand up in the air, beating the girl in front.

"You need to divide 200 by 3 then add it to x's equation." You answer correctly. You hear the girl behind you huff softly and turn around to look at you. She was beautiful. Long black hair and intimidating green eyes, they put you in a small trance, unable to speak. She was biting her bottom lip while her eyes looked up and down your body. "Is she checking me out?"

"Um-uh-hi." You mumble, struggling to get the word out. The girl just continues to stare at you, making you feel self-conscious. For what seemed like an eternity, the girl finally turned back and stared at the board, where the teacher was writing the next equation. "Damn."

It was like that interaction fuelled her because after that, the girl kept answering questions, shouting out the answer even before the teacher says the question. When the bell rang and class ended, you wanted to know the name of the girl. But by the time you packed up your things, she was gone, hidden in the crowd of students. Suddenly, you find the familiar black hair; being pushed by other students. She was trying to get past, but was failing and was pushed back out the door. She landed on her knees in front of you, her back turned.

"Oh here, let me help you up." You catch her attention and bring your arms down to help pick her up. The girl shakes off her jeans and straightens her shirt. She seems lost for a second as she looks around with the classroom, sooner realizing that she didn't get anywhere. "Where are you heading?"

"Um, Room 208 with Mrs Proctor." You realize that the room was right next to yours and you pipe up and offer to walk her there. She agrees and the pair of you start to walk out of the classroom, the crowd of students disappearing.

"So I didn't get your name; it was?" You leave the sentence open so she could answer and she looks over at you, her eyes scanning your facial features.

"Lauren. My name's Lauren." Her voice is soft, but raspy enough to create the voice of an angel.

"That's a pretty name. You get it for your birthday?" You joke around, causing her to laugh. You look up to see where you were and sadly, were in front her classroom. Just as she is about to walk in, you grab her arm and twist her around so she is facing you.

"Hey, you wanna maybe sometime go out?" You spit out. Lauren nods her head and puts her hand out.

"It would be my pleasure. Pass me your phone so I can put my number in it." You do as she says and as she is putting her number in, you look around awkwardly, not knowing what to do as you wait. Seconds later she returns your phone and slips into the classroom, leaving you to yourself. Looking down at your phone, you chuckle at the name she set for her contact.

'Brainiac'

A/N
This was kinda random but oh well. School ended for me a week ago but I seem to have caught a writers block. I haven't have any inspiration for anything and it's driving me mad. Like I have ideas but I can't put them to paper.
QOTD- What grade are you in?
AOTD- 11th