Second Choice

You're sick of it. You're sick of being her second choice, her last resort. It kills you to stand there and watch her play with her, but be there for her when she comes running back. You just can't do it anymore. It breaks your heart because you know she'll always pick her over you, every time. Picking up your phone from the bedside table next to you, you type a short message to Lauren.

We need to talk.

You take a deep breath before hitting send. This was the day you were going to tell her. You just can't keep going on like this, this second choice thing. Laying back onto your bed, you close your eyes and imagine what you were going to say. Suddenly, your phone buzzed and the screen lit up.

What's wrong? Be there in 5

What's wrong? Is she serious? There was no way she was oblivious to what was happening. She must have realised that every time her and Camila had a fight, she would come to you. She would tell you that she loved you, and that she was never going back to her. But as always, a couple of days later she would fall back into her arms, and they would be madly in love all over again.

As you continued to think about all the times Lauren came back to you, the madder you got. By the time the doorbell rang, you were furious, your hands crumpled up into fists. But, you calmed yourself slightly, composing yourself so you could say what you meant.

"Hey Y/N, I got your text. What's wrong?" Lauren walked inside your apartment, her phone in her hands. Without speaking, you lead her to the living room, where you sat on the couch. Lauren sat facing you and held her hands. She looks up at you, her eyes ridden with worry.

"I just wanted to tell you something and I don't think you're going to react well. But I don't care, because I've had enough," You take another deep breath and continued to talk. "Lauren, you can't keep running back to me whenever you and Camila have a fight. It's not fair on me."

Lauren's face suddenly changes from worry to confusion. She sits up in her seat and stutters.

"Bu-but, what do you mean?" She has become flustered, your words not going through her mind. You look at the floor, too afraid to look her in the eye.

"I can't keep being your second choice. It breaks my heart. You say that you love me, and that you would never go back to her, but you do Lauren, you always do." You voice cracks slightly as you were close to tears. "You're a negative person and I need to move on and remove any negatively from my life, starting with you."

It is silent for a few seconds as Lauren tries to think of something to say. It was the longest second of your life until Lauren speaks up once again.

"Y/N, But I love you-"

"Then why would you continue to go back to her time after time? This is not a game; you don't get to just pick whoever you like whenever you like! This is real life! You need to realise that you are hurting people, real people." Lauren tries to grab your hands but you yank them out of her reach. She slowly retracts them and stares at the ground. "I'm done Lauren, that's all I have to say. Leave now and never come back to me, ever."

You stare at her until she eventually gets up. Her face is stained in tears and she is softly gulping for air. Don't break Y/N, you think to yourself as you watch her walk to the door. If it wasn't for the fact that you were so angry, you probably would of forgave her once again, and therefore being stuck in that vicious cycle. Before walking at the door, Lauren turns around and makes eye contact with you.

"I'm sorry Y/N." She whispers, turning back around and walking out your apartment. You watch her get in her car and drive off before closing the door. Tears were streaming down your face like a waterfall but you knew that you had done the right thing. You had taken the negatively away in your life, even though it was the person you loved the most.

A/N
Yo guys how are you all? I hope you like this update, as I was kinda emotional when I wrote it haha.

QOTD- are you going to see 5h live on this tour?

AOTD- I might if they come to Australia lmao