Trapped

The road beneath you rumbled as the wheels of your car ran over it. The afternoon sun beamed through your windshield and onto your hands, warming them as you steer. You weren't entirely focusing on the road, instead on the song playing on the radio.

"This... is how... we roll... we stay in the street and get it all week..."

Suddenly, you turn your head to look out the window, and you see a bunch of paparazzi and journalist surrounding a woman. The flash of the cameras was making the women lose her footing and fall to the ground. But that didn't stop the paps from taking more photos. She was trapped, and needed your help.

So, you revved up your engine and picked up the speed. Honking your horn, you attracted the attention of the paps as they jumped to get away. But at the last second, you swerved so your wheel softly bounced against the curb. All the paparazzi had already left, leaving you and the woman alone.

You hopped out of your car and walked over to where the woman sat, her head in her hands. You couldn't see her face but you noticed her long black hair. You also noticed as you got closer that she was wearing a black bomber jacket and some jeans. She looked normal, like she was just going to the shops or something.

"Hey, are you alright?" You ask, leaning on your kneed to speak to her. Small sniffles came from her but she started to lift her head.

"Um... yeah. Thank you for saving me." Her raspy low voice was barely audible, but you heard it. As she started to get up, she flashed you a glimpse of her face. Her eyes were red and puffy but her emerald eyes sparkled in the sun, you were frozen, captivated by her look.

"Do you need a lift? I can drive you to your hotel if you need?" Suddenly your brain clicked. You knew her, from the covers of magazines and article. Lauren Jauregui, member of the biggest girl group in the world. Lauren was now on her feet, wiping her face from tears.

"That would be great. Only if you're willing. I don't think I could handle another round of paparazzi after just then." She gave you a half smile and followed you to your car. After the pair of you were in, you started the car and you started driving to where Lauren's hotel was.

It was only a couple of streets away, and any normal person could have easily walked. As you turn the corner leading to the hotel, you look over at Lauren, who was staring out the window.

"Has that happened before?" You ask, curious. Lauren takes a deep breath before nodding her head.

"Multiple times. But the paparazzi don't understand privacy- or boundaries for that matter." You nod your head in agreeance as she continues. "I just wish sometimes I could be normal, that I could be treated with respect. But I love what I do, so I guess that's the consequence for it."

"No one should ever have to go through that that though. It shouldn't matter who you are." You reply as your car pulls up next to the curb in front of the hotel. You turn to her and give her a smile. "Are you all right to go in?"

"Yeah, I should be. Thank you." She says once again. "Can I put your number on my phone? I feel like it's only necessary to get my hero's number before I leave." You are shocked, but quickly snap out of it when Lauren hands you a phone, you quickly add your number to the name 'Knight in Shining Armour" and handed it back before she climbs out. You watch her walk to the door, and wave to her when she turns around.

You stay parked for a couple of minutes, smiling at yourself for the past event.

"I can't believe I just did that."

A/N

I honestly don't know what that was. I losing my touch for writing, I'm not feeling it like I should anymore. I might take a couple of weeks off, just to take a break and come up with some better ideas. Take care.