Prank wars

Tip toeing around the corner, you hold your breath. Camila stands meters away, distracted by her phone, her head down. This prank war has been going on for weeks on end, Camila always one prank ahead of you. You hear her mumbling to herself, singing a tune to a familiar song. Her long brown hair falls down her back, the locks glistening in the window sun. Lauren is in front of her, an evil grin across her face. She is your accomplice, your prank buddy. Together you were unstoppable. Holding the bucket with one hand, you signal to Lauren that you were ready.

"I would say I'm sorry Mila, but I'm really not." Lauren smirks and you pull the bucket up with both hands and dump the contents on Camila. She screams in fright as the slime pours all over her, from head to toe. Lauren then turns around behind the couch and pulls out another bucket and pours it on Camila. This time, feathers fall out and they stick to the slime, causing Camila to scream more. You and Lauren run to your shared room and fall onto the beds, laughing. With tears in your eyes, you address Lauren.

"That was the BEST!" Lauren hums an agreement and starts laughing again. So much, in fact that she falls off the bed, resulting in more laughter. In the background, Camila's screams are still audible and Ally's voice, on the verge of breaking into a laugh. "Now we have to be ready for when she pranks us back! Stay Alert Lauren."

"Will do."

(one week later)

"ARGH!" You and Lauren scream collectively. You have been out all day shopping and have come home exhausted, but you walk into your room to see it covered in bubble wrap. The beds, the tables even the walls were covered. Camila stands behind you, that same smirk Lauren had on her face appearing. She holds several empty cartons of bubble wrap in her arm as she runs off. You and Lauren chase her down the hallway and down the stairs. You ended up cornering her near the pool outside and Camila screams out in protest.

"Don't push me in! My bows will get wet!" She points to the several bows attached to her body. You shrug your shoulders and continue to pursue her. When you are meters away from her, Lauren grabs her arm and you grab other and together you pull her towards the pool. Camila tries to escape, her arms flying everywhere. A small squeal erupts from her mouth as you finally get her into the pool. She falls in with a big splash, water splashing everywhere. Camila surfaces moments later, a sad smile on her face. You start to worry if you had hurt her but a big grin appears, easing your worry. She puts up her arms and waves them around.

"Help me get up? It's the least you can do." You are hesitant for a second but you see Lauren moving forward to help so you follow her lead. With one hand holding on to each girl, Camila lets out an evil laugh.

"Oh no." Lauren manages to get out before Camila pulls the pair of you in, you going head first into the water. The cold water rushes through you, goose bumps covering your skin. Lifting your head above water, you gasp for air and blindly hit Camila. You hear another gasp and Lauren's raspy voice chuckles. "Screw you Mila."

"Hey, It's just a prank dude." She laughs, pulling herself over the edge. This time, she gives you her hand and you take it and she pulls you from the water. You are soaking wet from head to toe and the wind starts to pick up, making you shiver. "I'm just going to get some towels, okay?"

She runs off into the house as your help Lauren out, who is also shaking. You put your arm over her shoulder and lead her inside, where Camila is taking out three towels from the cupboard. Giving one to you, you instantly hand it over to Lauren who puts it around her shoulders. At that moment, Ally walks around the corner and stops abruptly, staring at the three of you blankly. Without acknowledging you, she walks to the kitchen mumbling something about making tea and how she keeps up with you.

"You want to make a truce?" Camila sits down beside you and outstretches her hand. You raise an eyebrow at her and chuckle.

"I'm pretty sure you were the one who started it, by wrapping my phone in 100 layers of Aluminium foil." Lauren mummers in agreement, digging her head further into your neck. You can feel her coldness and you rub your hand up and down her arm, trying to warm her up.

'Well you continued it so it's your fault too Now just shake my hand so I don't have to worry anymore." With the shake of a hand, the truce is set and you are back to having a normal life. Well, that's what Camila thinks anyway.

"Good luck on that Camila."