Proposal pt.1

'So, today's the day, huh?' Camila asks. You nod your head while looking through the glass window. On the other side, shines a big diamond ring.  It was expensive, but you worked a couple extra hours a week to pay it off. Today was the day you were going to put in the last payment and propose to Lauren. Walking into the shop, hopefully for the last time, you get welcomed by a cheery Dave.

'Are you going to propose today Y/N?' He waves while walking over to the window to receive the ring. You smile and nod.

'Yeah, I can't wait. I've planned it out and everything.' You cannot explain the feeling you are getting. It's a slight cross between excitement and nervousness. Lauren is the first ever person you are going to propose to and after 3 years of being together you decided to pop the question.  You hand Dave the money and he passes you the ring. You gasp in excitement, it's even bigger in person. Turning around to Camila, you give her a big hug and jump up and down.

"Thank you, Thank you!' You scream, turning Camila around. Still laughing, you slowly settle down as you realize how big of a task is in front of you. You need the day to goes as planned and for her to say yes. That was the point of the day. First, you are going to take her on a stroll through the park, ending at a lovely picnic. That was when you were going to ask her. Walking out of the jeweller, with a hop in your step you pull out your phone to call Lauren. She picks up after the first ring.

'What's up?' Her raspy voice says through the phone.

'I was just wondering when you're getting back from the studio.' There was a pause before she answered.

'I'm literally walking to my car right now.' She replies. 'Anything wrong?'

'No, nothing at all.' You say, trying to hold back excitement. You say goodbye to each other and hang up.  'Mission Proposal is up and ready.'

***************************************

Pulling up into the driveway, you rush into the house to see Lauren laying on the couch watching TV. She is still in the clothes she was in when she was at the studio so she didn't have to get dress. You sneak up behind her and pick her up, carrying her out the door.

'Where are we going?' Lauren giggles, her face turning red. You put her down once you are outside the door and smile.

'We're going for a walk in the park.' You say, starting to walk down the footpath. You hear footsteps behind you indicating that she is following.

A small smile creeps up onto your lips and you continue down the path.

A/N
I'm so sorry guys! Exams, assignments and sports have caught up to me and it's getting pretty hectic! (Minimal sleep!) I will have the next part up in a couple of days cause I can work on it on the weekend. Take care everyone.