Season 2: Chapter 15

Okami's POV

I got to A.C.E. headquarters. It's not for anything special, just wanted to see how Beth is doing. I entered the place and quickly saw Amber. I'm starting to slowly open up to her. Slowly. "Hey dickhead," she said. "Hey trigger happy," I said. "I'll take that as a compliment," she said. "I knew you would. So, how's Beth doing?" I asked. "Take a look yourself," said pointing at a hallway. I nodded and starting towards there.

When I got there, I saw Beth on her room with a one sided window and Sasha on the other side of the wall smoking a cigarette. I walk towards Sasha. "Hey," I said looking at Beth on her bed reading with what appeared to be The Giver. Not a bad book. "I see you're doing well," said Sasha taking a huff on her cigarette. "You smoke?" I asked her. She lets out a smoke and looks at me. "There's a lot of things you don't know about me darling," she said. "Right well, how's she doing?" I asked. She walks towards the window. "Well she's behaving for starters. She's a nice girl, even with everybody. You could say that everyone likes having her around. Almost makes you think why they could test on such a kind girl," she said. I smile. "Well that's good," I said. "That being said, we need to know more about her. About her ablilties. So I was wondering if you could find that out for us. She'll likely trust you more since you two have been through the same thing," she said. "Right well, we'll see what I can do," I said.

I enter her room, and as soon as she noticed me, she started giving a big smile. Like one I've never seen before. "Okami!" She said, running towards me, giving me a hug. "Hey there Beth. How you doing?" I said, hugging back and giving a kind smile. "I'm doing great, I'm almost finished with this book. It's pretty sad yet pretty good," she said, showing me the cover of The Giver. "Well, when you're done with that book. I'll give this one. It's called To Kill A Mockingbird," I said showing her the cover and giving her the book. "Cool!" She yelled out. "Anyway, I wanted to talk to you," I said. "About what?" She asked curiously. "About your abilities. They want to know more about your want to know what you can do," I said. "Well, I don't know much about my powers. But what I do know is that I read people's minds, I can use telepathy, and I can blow people's brains out," she said. "I see. Well that's pretty useful. Thanks Beth," I said.  "Wait, can I ask you something?" She said. "What is it?" I asked. "Can I call you big bro," she said. I smiled.

"Of course you can," I said. And just like that, I saw that big smile of her's.